Hip Length (HL) 2012!!!!

lalla

Can I still join?

I'm not going to reach my goal of WL in 2011. With some luck -and fewer cuts- I might get to WL then HL in 2012.

lalla

Current Length: Between MBL and WL
Regimen: Same as always (it's in my LHCF blog)
Plans: Fewer cuts, more henna, TLC for my ends
Hip Length Date: December 2012

testimony777

Hi everyone:)
I just did a mini length check (just stretched a few of my dry curls) and I am about 1 inch shy of WL. I should hit that milestone before the end of January. I am so excited right now; HL here I come:)

dyamonds10

I am joining.....:bdance:lol Starting pic is in my avi
Vitals

Current Length: mbl/wl ish
Regimen: deep conditioning and oiling--> I really don't have a regimen. I need to make one since I lost a lot of hair after my pregnancy
Plans: rotate co washing and flat ironing 2x a month
Hip Length Date: 12/31/2012 @ 11:59pm :look:

brg240

so I just had my dad trim my hair for me. (My mom would have trimmed me to bsl/mbl) And omg miss my 'V'!:cry: and i feel like my hair is short now. It's a tad under wl. :( I won't be straightening again until march.

but it's my starting pic for 2012.

:(

no one cares but me but this is my trimmed hair http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/air-chan2/trim.jpg maybe next year i'll try trimming a set amount each month

Last edited:

anon123

brg240, your hair looks great. that was a big trim. you will still be HL in 2012, easy.

Okay, this is my starting pic. WL is somewhere around 10 on the shirt.

Hip is somewhere around . . . 3" or 4" below the last number. As if having a shirt with numbers on the back of it isn't ridiculous enough :lol: , am I going to have to be even more ridiculous now and use a marker to write more numbers down to hip?

kami11213

Checking in... haven't been doing much of anything with my hair, just washing, conditioning braiding in 4 plaits and wigging it... My goal is to hide my hair under wigs until Feb, my bday, then back under wigs until spring.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
mwedzi

A M A Z I N G!!! If I cry on wash days at MBL, I can't even imagine how you're managing all that full beautiful hair! wooweee!! ;)

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

brg240

Sorry ladies, I'm kind of dramatic and I do miss my v. But I'm officially over it now. The length and V(hopefully thicker) will come back in time. And I bun almost all the time anyway. Not to mention i don't straighten much. I wonder how my trim will effect my curls though? I think this will give me a more accurate read on where my natural hair will shrink to. Thanks for all the kind words

Mwedzi :drool: I love your hair, I'd say go ahead and make some extra lines.

Also, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

Lucia

mwedzi
Nice length there, I guess you will have to keep drawing numbers then. :lol:

brg240
Your hair looks great really healthy and thick, :cloud9: Ahhh WL blunt hair, oh yeah got distracted :lol: and yes I believe you're still WL at least so HL will happen for you very soon.

regina07

brg240 -- your Dad did a great job! Your hair is thick and lush looking. HL will only look better!

mwedzi -- I love your hair! The thickness and wave is to die for. It will be more gorgeous at HL.

2012 is looking very promising for lots of hair swangin' ... :)

Shadiyah

I know one thing yall if I had you all length I would not let anyone in my hair to cut a darn thing. I trim my hair now and I sure can trim it when it gets longer.

leiah

Here are my starting pics - sorry for the quality. My hair is a little damp in these

I trimmed 2 inches last month and I'm regretting it but my hair is growing very fast right now.
I'm hugely pregnant and don't know where my waist is but I don't think i'm quite there yet
I don't straighten my hair. I think at this time next year i'd like to be waist length curly and have some hair somewhere that can be stretched to my hips. We'll see

brg240

brg240 -- your Dad did a great job! Your hair is thick and lush looking. HL will only look better!
thank you so much, i will pass that on to him.

brg240
Your hair looks great really healthy and thick, :cloud9: Ahhh WL blunt hair, oh yeah got distracted :lol: and yes I believe you're still WL at least so HL will happen for you very soon.
Thank you so much, and i'm kind of loving it now, I know by june it will be hl and that's when the hyh challenge is over so i'm excited

LADIES! i think i may have inadvertantly big chopped :shocked: :blush: :rofl: I thought i had more relaxed ends but i was doing my prepoo with aloe vera juice and sunflower oil and it all curled up. I'm going to clarify and dc later and see. I kind of hope i did because that would make the tl goal a reality for next year. :pray:

Though if i did, how anticlamatic!!!

Last edited:

Lucia

thank you so much, i will pass that on to him.

Thank you so much, and i'm kind of loving it now, I know by june it will be hl and that's when the hyh challenge is over so i'm excited

LADIES! i think i may have inadvertantly big chopped :shocked: :blush: :rofl: I thought i had more relaxed ends but i was doing my prepoo with aloe vera juice and sunflower oil and it all curled up. I'm going to clarify and dc later and see. I kind of hope i did because that would make the tl goal a reality for next year. :pray:

Though if i did, how anticlamatic!!!

I know a small few take offense when we get all happy cause someone's been delivered from the creamy crack but WHATEVER

Congratz on being all natural go ahead get your swang on

Last edited:

brg240

I know a small few take offense when we get all happy cause someone's been delivered from the creamy crack but WHATEVER

Congratz on being all natural go ahead get your swag on

[USER] [/USER]haha I feel the same way

thanks but it turns out that i didn't. :look: Apparently 1/4 of my hair just grows fast. The other 3 parts still had relaxed ends. So i am a quarter natural. :blush::spinning: i will still celebrate with jimmy fallon and elmo though.

but that means that my hair on side was growing at a rate that made 2" longer :perplexed

Janet'

Ladies, Keep those end of the year/starting pics coming!!!! We've got just a couple more days till this challenge officially begins!!! :band: :club: :dance7: :band: :club: :dance7:

Please ladies, make sure that you go to the initial post and click "thanks" so that you can be officially added to the challenge!!!

So excited!!!!!

brg240

2 days to 2012 ladies! I'm excited to see us all make our goals next year.

Also, my mom bought a hair steamer last night. :reddancer: I've never used one before and I'm not sure how it all works but i'm excited! She said that she could finally start dcing again and that I can take care of her hair. :shocked:

Last edited:

Carrie A

Janet'

I think I'm going to leave this challenge:look:. I trimmed my hair so my tail is now barely hovering over the waistlength line while the rest of my hair is MBL. I'm going to stay in the W'HIP challenge and hope that I can grow all of my hair to waistlength this year. But I'll be cheering on from the sidelines :weird: