Hide Your Hair Til Christmas Challengers REVEAL that hair!!!!!!!!!

seymone

I would like to say congrats to all.. Rabia, your growth is amazing!! I would definitely be in on the next challenge

RabiaElaine

OneInAMillion said:
Aw thanks Rabia :kiss: . You too! I'm still shocked at how fast you went from shoulder to APL! I'm so glad you started this challenge. On a personal note, I really needed something like this to get me going and motivated, so thanks again!

Merry Christmas ya'll!:santa:

:kiss: Aww thanks girl!!!!! I wish I was an official APL but I think I need another 1-1.5 inches so I should definitely be there by the end of the next challenge. After getting to APL I think BSL comes fast so I'm hoping I'll be at BSL by Spring of 08 or sooner :)

asiaticlily

RabiaElaine said:
WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:yay: :bouncy: :dance7: :clap: :woot: :trampolin :bouncegre

After 6 LONG months we are going to take our hair out of hiding and show everyone the WONDERFUL progress we've made.

:eek: WOW...amazing progress!!!

PrincessDiva

All of you are such an inspiration!!Great Job EVERYONE! I said I wasn`t going to join anymore challenges but I`m definitely going to be in the next HIDE YOUR HAIR challenge after seeing such remarkable progress! Keep Growing Girls!!!!

RabiaElaine

seymone said:
I would like to say congrats to all.. Rabia, your growth is amazing!! I would definitely be in on the next challenge

Thanks Seymone!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm so happy we'll be having even more challengers next go around!!!!!!!!

SpiritJunkie

You ladies made some great progress! Wow..the only one i couldn't see was nikipoo..psswrd didn't work for me. :(

CONGRATS LADIES!~:yay: :dance7:

YOU DID IT!

Rabia, I gotta learn how to do weaves...having control is key!

FABULOUS!!

CurliDiva

I totally forgot about revealing my hair - I cooked up a stom yesterday!

Hiding my hair is just ME now, I will defintely keep it up in the New Year.

I've checked out every post/photo/link in this thread, and want to give a COLLECTIVE :clap: to eveyone!

The hair is beautiful and everyoine made such great progress - how knew the difference that 6 months could make!

WTG! ;)

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
Great job ladies, each and every one of you - your progress is awesome!

When is the next challenge starting and what's the criteria? I want in next time!!!

RabiaElaine

CurliDiva said:
I totally forgot about revealing my hair - I cooked up a stom yesterday!

Hiding my hair is just ME now, I will defintely keep it up in the New Year.

I've checked out every post/photo/link in this thread, and want to give a COLLECTIVE :clap: to eveyone!

The hair is beautiful and everyoine made such great progress - how knew the difference that 6 months could make!

WTG! ;)

Ummm...excuse me...;) ....where's your hair??????????? WE wanna seeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RabiaElaine

blac_quarian said:
Great job ladies, each and every one of you - your progress is awesome!

When is the next challenge starting and what's the criteria? I want in next time!!!

It will start over in January. At some point this week I'll start a thread to discuss the exact criteria we want to go by.

The basic criteria of the challenge is to keep your hair hidden in whatever protective styles you decide for the duration of the challenge. We also hid our hair as much as possible from family and friends. We didn't post pics of our hair either for the duration so that it would be a surprise to everyone to see how far everyone got. That's it really, pretty simple challenge...though it does take a certain amount of persistance.

Lucia

RabiaElaine said:
It will start over in January. At some point this week I'll start a thread to discuss the exact criteria we want to go by.

The basic criteria of the challenge is to keep your hair hidden in whatever protective styles you decide for the duration of the challenge. We also hid our hair as much as possible from family and friends. We didn't post pics of our hair either for the duration so that it would be a surprise to everyone to see how far everyone got. That's it really, pretty simple challenge...though it does take a certain amount of persistance.

Rabia, this is going to be the short 3 month stretch right?
BTW I know I got weave checked yesterday by some relatives, they were looking hard, one of them actually held my head (slick right) while giving me a hug with the other arm, yeah it's real :lol:

Last edited:

RabiaElaine

Lucia said:
Rabia, this is going to be the short 3 month stretch right?
BTW I know I got weave checked yesterday by some relatives, they were looking hard, one of them actually held my head (slick right) while giving me a hug with the other arm, yeah it's real :lol:

LOL :lachen: yeah they were real slick probably hugging you with their fingers dug into your thick head of hair looking for tracks!!!!!!!

I can't wait for that to happen to me.

Anyway yeah we could do 3 months or we could keep with the theme of holidays and Hide Your Hair Til April Fools??? It's really up to the majority then again from January to April Fools is 3 full months so I guess that works. Then after that we could Hide Our Hair Until Independence Day and then if everyone wanted we could hide from then until XMas for another 6 month stretch. It's really up to the group.

Actually I'll start a thread to discuss the criteria of the next Challenge which starts promptly on New Years Day.

MzOptimistic

RabiaElaine said:
LOL :lachen: yeah they were real slick probably hugging you with their fingers dug into your thick head of hair looking for tracks!!!!!!!

Anyway yeah we could do 3 months or we could keep with the theme of holidays and Hide Your Hair Til April Fools??? It's really up to the majority then again from January to April Fools is 3 full months so I guess that works. Then after that we could Hide Our Hair Until Independence Day and then if everyone wanted we could hide from then until XMas for another 6 month stretch. It's really up to the group.

Actually I'll start a thread to discuss the criteria of the next Challenge which starts promptly on New Years Day.

Rabia that sounds good. Do (2) three months of hiding and then do the big BAM 6 month stretch for XMAS...that sounds really good because the (2) three months stretch will allow time to prepare for the BIG one. I have to see how the bootcamp challenge is going to fit in here...It'll work somehow...I need to go and read the rules for the bootcamp again:p

RabiaElaine

tsmith said:
Rabia that sounds good. Do (2) three months of hiding and then do the big BAM 6 month stretch for XMAS...that sounds really good because the (2) three months stretch will allow time to prepare for the BIG one. I have to see how the bootcamp challenge is going to fit in here...It'll work somehow...I need to go and read the rules for the bootcamp again:p

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I was reading the bootcamp challenge a few days ago and I think it fits in perfectly with our HYH challenge.

I'm so excited about the next challenge I really hope to announce that I am an official APL!!!!!!!!

pistachio

Rabia Elaine,

I'm proud of all the other ladies who did the challenge with you too, but I want to say that I'm proud of you in particular because I've lurked on this forum, and I remember when you first joined the forum your hair was chin-length. But now, you're well on your way to APL, and I'm confident that if you keep up what you're doing, that you'll be near BSL by the end of '07 :) Good Luck!!

nelli711

RabiaElaine said:
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking. I was reading the bootcamp challenge a few days ago and I think it fits in perfectly with our HYH challenge.

I'm so excited about the next challenge I really hope to announce that I am an official APL!!!!!!!!

Girl please, the way you're going, you WILL definately be APL by the end of the first 3 month HYH challange;)

Last edited:

RabiaElaine

pistachio said:
Rabia Elaine,

I'm proud of all the other ladies who did the challenge with you too, but I want to say that I'm proud of you in particular because I've lurked on this forum, and I remember when you first joined the forum your hair was chin-length. But now, you're well on your way to APL, and I'm confident that if you keep up what you're doing, that you'll be near BSL by the end of '07 :) Good Luck!!

Ooohhhhhhh thank you soooooooooo much that was very sweet of you. :kiss:
Your hair has been an inspiration to me. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't get this hair growing thing completely the first 2 years I wasn on the board. But I'm thrilled I never gave up!!!!! I'm finally benefiting from years of learning about hair care so I couldn't be happier.

Thank you so much again :)

LadyZ

nelli711 said:
Thank you Fallback! You started my morning off to a good start:) Thank you for the compliment. Let me just say that I love your hair, it looks so thick and healthy and the color is great!

===========

May '06

Nov. '06

My hair idol tooooooooo:yay: :notworthy :love: :trampolin :woot:

I LOVE your hair....:eek:

MzOptimistic

RabiaElaine said:

Girl, you will be full APL when the next challenge ends because you said you only need 1.5 inches. You'll definitely get that for sure;) and you're going to be brastrap by the end of next year NOT 2008:p at the rate your hair is growing:p

Lucia

nelli711 said:
Doll ~ I'm sorry that you weren't able to schedule an appt. with your stylist. I'm dying to see your hair!!

Jazzy ~ You did AWESOME!! Great Job! :)

Lucia ~ Beautiful Hair. I can't wait till my hair gets that long.

Kbody ~ Look at your girl, brastrap here you come!! Your hair grew so fast!!

trimbride ~ Looking good. Amazing progess.

ak46 ~ Look how long your hair has gotten in only 6months!! Fantastic progress.

Naturaline ~ Your hair is beautiful and thick! I love your puff. :)

If I missed anyone, I'm sorry. I think we all did such a great job in this challenge. We should be very proud!!!!

THanks your hairs beautiful too, even better than mine, it's even :ohwell: :look:

Lucia

RabiaElaine said:

I guess seeing wasn't beweaving for them, :lol: they had to check. What will they do when I reach my final goal hipbone? I'll let you know, and we can :rofl: :lachen:
I know you'll get weave checked soon enough, the way your hair is growing like a weed.
I like the holiday theme, April fools, that will be lots of fun to reveal then. I esp. like the 3 month time fram that works for me I'll check the new post.

Last edited: