HELP!! Transitioning through cornrows!!

HairFanatic01

I am so frustrated. I have been wearing cornrows since April 2003 and my last perm was in December of last year. I have a good amount of natural new growth, but my hair seems like its growing so slow. I don't know whether its because part of my hair is still relaxed and its breaking off or what!! Should I cut it off?? Should I keep it?? What leave-ins, protein conditioners and moisturizing conditioner are good for braids and when I take them out?? I mean when I have my cornrows in my hair, I can see that I have it least an inch of new growth, but then when I take out my cornrows, the ends start to shed and although I have a small amount of new growth its hard to tell the difference!!
Could you guys suggest some products, vitamins, or something.....
Oh yeah, I'm already taking Naturre'Plus Ultra Hair Plus, vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin, Garlic, B-6, and neext week I'm going to start taking PP Biotin and PP amino acids.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
That's puzzling... cornrows usually stimulate faster growth than other braids. Are you doing a deep-treat before and after the cornrows?. Seems you need to strenghtn your hair first...

Dido111

I also have cornbraids now. I have been getting braids since last summer. So it has ben a year now. I cut off all the relaxed hair and notice that my hair grew out faster. I had my cornrows done May 30 and usually they last longer ( i got them small) but my hair started growing out in a couple of weeks. I would say cut it off and the breakage will stop. Because remember you can't take care of the relaxed hair like you could before since it is braided. Also you have two texture hair- it is going to break regradsless. And just incase you was thinking og getting a perm. That perviously relaxed hair would have to be cut off. I would just cut the relaxed hair. If you feel it is too much hair to cut it off all at one time then gradually do it. Cut off some inches. then get braids . The next time you take them off cut off more. etc.

I am going to take my cornbriads cause my hair is starting to look like a mat. So I will get two strand twist with afro hair add because 1) I like the style and I am ready for a change 2) I think that since I have all natural hair that if I get cornbraids again that my hair will grow out fast and my hair will begin to fuzz ( i like to keep braids in as long as I can and have them still look good

I hope this helps. And Happy Braiding!

HairFanatic01

THANX SO MUCH.....THANKYOU THANKYOU........
I WILL SURELY SE EVERYONE'S ADVICE!!!!
And my hair does grow faster in cornrows, but I was saying that after it finshes shedding and everything, its seems like my hair hasn't grown that much. In fact I see lots of new growth in my hair. So, I just might do that,....... cut little of it at a time.
I might not ever do a big chop!!