HELP SHE ACCIDENTLY CUT MY HAIR! Advice?!

SimpleKomplexity

I have my hair braided up in a weave but the girl who did it braided in a circle so there was one braid in the middle. She sowed it down, but it came a loose so she told me to pin it down. I called myself pinning it down but I'm guessing it came undone.

Well some of the weave in tangled, so I cut the tangled curls out. I could do the side of my head so my friend did it for me...BUT

I THINK SHE ACCIDENTLY CUT ABOUT 1-2 INCHES OFF of that braid

You think I should be worried? I was about to cry at first, but then I got to thinking and that piece of hair can't be a big chunk of my hair right? I won't lose that much length due to that piece right?

I have 6 more weeks in this weave so I need

You see this long braid. I think she cut off about 1-2 inches of this...maybe more now that I look at it. It's semi thicker where she cut it so Maybe 3 inches

This is how the weave looks since I never posted a pic of it

sqzbly1908

Girl - I don't think you should be too worried...if you are rockin' the weave for a minute u should be okay...

But on the other hand...you are lookin' hot in your siggy...looks like u 'bout to go and hurt somebody's feelings!!!

SimpleKomplexity

Girl - I don't think you should be too worried...if you are rockin' the weave for a minute u should be okay...

But on the other hand...you are lookin' hot in your siggy...looks like u 'bout to go and hurt somebody's feelings!!!

I hope so!! Well if I look at things on the bright side, the end of that braid looks horrible, it was probably gonna get cut off anyway after the weave comes down because I need to even up.

Behind the pic: I went over my friend's house and she told me she wanted to see if she could get a shot that captures how she sees me everyday and my personality. So she told me to randomly act normal. She kept taking shots she didn't like. She stopped for a minute and said, "So would you ever consider going back with your ex boyfriend?...." And this was the expression on my face. lol :lachen: She said PERFECT!!! lol

NYDiva

It depends how long your own hair is. But there's nothing you can do about it now, so don't stress yourself out. Worst case scenario, she did cut 1-2 inches, but if so, it's right in the middle and the braid won't be too short and can be blended into the rest of your hair.

I do know how you feel, though. I've had others cut my braids out, and what looked to be too low ended up being just fine.

SimpleKomplexity

It depends how long your own hair is. But there's nothing you can do about it now, so don't stress yourself out. Worst case scenario, she did cut 1-2 inches, but if so, it's right in the middle and the braid won't be too short and can be blended into the rest of your hair.

I do know how you feel, though. I've had others cut my braids out, and what looked to be too low ended up being just fine.

But what about when I take my hair down?! AHHH :nono: I'ma cry if I'm not close to BSL when I take this weave out. I'ma have a friggin FIT

malibu4590

I think you'll be fine even though it would give anyone who has been working hard on their hair a minor freak-out moment. At the worst, maybe it'll look layered but it should blend in with the rest of your hair when you come out of the weave.

Janet'

I agree...you may have a mini fit but for another 6 weeks, you'll get some of your length back so it won't be too bad...Can't cry over...you know the rest, lol!

SimpleKomplexity

My mom looked at the lil piece that was cut and told me that it looked like weave not my hair. I asked her was she SURE and she said yup, I don't see your hair anywhere.

So maybbbbe....she jut cut some weave instead :pray: I guess I will know in 5 weeks!!! *crosses fingers*

glamazon386

I've cut a piece of my hair by accident before. Don't worry about it. It's already cut now and there's nothing you can do. You won't be able to see how much is gone until you take the weave down anyway. It may not be as bad as you think.