Hair Braiding disaster and a hair cut!

Bun Mistress

Two bits. I should probably be more up set. But here it is. I recently when to have my hair braided. I usually go with my hair kinky straight and slgihtly damp but the braider wasn't having that and wanted to blow dry my hair straight. Well She didn't mention that she severely damaged my hair. I took the braids down after two weeks and then cut off about 5 inches of heat damage hair (what was left of it.

So Hair Cut!!!!!!

Attachments

• Hair last month.jpg
    Hair last month.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 207
  • haet damage!!!.jpg
    haet damage!!!.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 208
  • fuzzypic after braidout.jpg
    fuzzypic after braidout.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 189
  • not happy pic.jpg
    not happy pic.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 159
  • happy pic.jpg
    happy pic.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 138

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
My heart sank when I saw your name as the OP. You grew it once you can grow it again. Find everywhere where her store is listed online and leave a negative review

Bun Mistress

@Pompus Blue
I'll just keep co-washing for the summer. There are still some damage ends that I left so it would be even, the other side had even more damage but was thicker.

Foxglove
I'm just lucky that it was only my ends, well about 5 inches worth. I lost all of my front once from a perm gone wrong. And the lesson learned, never let anyone else blow my hair.

RegaLady

Ugh, something like this happened to me, except I got a sew in. My hair is so natural in the middle and heat damaged on the perimeter where she blowdired and flat ironed with NO heat protectant:nono:. Hair grows back, OP and your hair will grow healthier and stronger:yep:

Lilmama1011

Omg I have no faith in salons anymore, before I had very little now it's none! Im starting to believe everyone trying to sabotage black women and not trying to let us walk around with hair past our shoulders.

Bun Mistress

Lilmama1011
I have been a DIYer for years. Hair cuts everything the only thing I can't do it braid, it probably more of frustration than lack of trying though.

Really I'm not that upset, I got ot my goal of WL and I know I can do it again. And in the mean time I have a short summer hair style. :)

Lilmama1011

Lilmama1011
I have been a DIYer for years. Hair cuts everything the only thing I can't do it braid, it probably more of frustration than lack of trying though.

Really I'm not that upset, I got ot my goal of WL and I know I can do it again. And in the mean time I have a short summer hair style. :)

I will be upset for you then

Kerryann

OMG im very sorry but didnt you smell ur hair frying... i swear i dont pay these braiders any attention when they talk about blowing out any parts of my hair because it aint happening....they know when they see me not to ask

delitefulmane

Sorry this happened to you OP! :bighug: I try to blowdry my hair myself if I am going to let someone else do it because I can limit the amount of heat that is put in it. Was this your normal braider? Was this a braiding shop? If so, I would definitely write TONS of reviews anywhere their name is listed.

naturalmanenyc

Wow! I cannot even believe how much damage she did to your hair from one salon visit! WTH was she thinking? You reached your goal once and can do it again. Post the details of the salon and stylist. Everyone should be aware of who to avoid.

We really need a Hall of Shame thread for salons!!

PureSilver

@Lilmama1011

I like your positive spirit Bun Mistress, so sorry u had that horrible experience. Your hair will grow back much healthier and longer. Saying a little prayer for you and enjoy your summer hair. HHG