I accidently cut my hair!

isawstars

I read some old thread about how to remove a sew in weave by yourself... and I accidently snipped my hair... TWICE. :wallbash: I don't even know how I did it because I was super careful. I normally ask my stylist to do it but I was eager to do it myself and now I HATE myself. I recently reached collar bone length (my goal is APL) and now I am terrified I ruined my goals. However, I am surprised how calm I am about this...

I have a feeling this will be my first serious setback. And I haven't even taken out the entire sew in!

glamazon386

I've done that quite a few times over the years. But it was usually only one chunk/piece. I felt like :wallbash: at first but then I got over it. Next time get someone to help you or be more careful.

isawstars

I've done that quite a few times over the years. But it was usually only one chunk/piece. I felt like :wallbash: at first but then I got over it. Next time get someone to help you or be more careful.

Thanks glamazon. That makes me feel better. Hopefully I will only lose two small chunks *crosses fingers* I texted my stylist (I love her) and she called me out of panic :lachen: I guess I made it sound more serious than it was. She said that if I still want to take it out she'd do it tomorrow morning for me, so I made an appointment. I will find out the consequences tomorrow!

*Michelle*

Bummer...hope it's not too bad.

I did it before, but it was because a cricket jumped on me and I thought it got in my hair...so I started cutting it. haha...dh was HEATED!

tkj25

i did this too last night, lol. :grin::look::lachen::lachen: i cut out a chunk of hair in the front on the head of a nail. don't ask me how :spinning: ... i'm still trying to figure it out. i was bending over my bookcase to look for something & i moved my head to the side & a heard a rip. my eyes immediately got big :eek::eek::eek: & i ran to the mirror. thankfully i didn't gouge an eye out, but i'd cut a 1/8 in wide chunk of out the top of my braid. i was sad until i took it down & removed the plug & couldn't even tell any hair had been cut. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::superbanana::superbanana:so i got over it. thank the universe hair grows back.

isawstars

i did this too last night, lol. :grin::look::lachen::lachen: i cut out a chunk of hair in the front on the head of a nail. don't ask me how :spinning: ... i'm still trying to figure it out. i was bending over my bookcase to look for something & i moved my head to the side & a heard a rip. my eyes immediately got big :eek::eek::eek: & i ran to the mirror. thankfully i didn't gouge an eye out, but i'd cut a 1/8 in wide chunk of out the top of my braid. i was sad until i took it down & removed the plug & couldn't even tell any hair had been cut. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::superbanana::superbanana:so i got over it. thank the universe hair grows back.

awww yay!!! I'm glad it turned out okay! Hopefully my story will be the same. I love your dancing smilies by the way. :grin:

soulie

Sorry it happened to you; this is why I recommend using a seam ripper to take down weave.

isawstars

Sorry it happened to you; this is why I recommend using a seam ripper to take down weave.

Ya know what... I think that is actually what my stylist uses! I'm going to the salon in 1 hour for her to remove this weave for me.

SelfStyled

Oh nooo I am just seeing this:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:. This happened to me a long time ago. If there is a setback and hopefully there is not it will be just in those 2 small areas. Let us know how it goes when you get back from the salon.

The good news is the sew in is out and you can go back to cowashing now and dealing with your hair-yay:yep:.

BrownEyez22

OP, hopefully the damage is not too bad.

I did this in Jan to the very last area:wallbash:, I was taking out. I was being sooo careful too. Thankfully, it was just a little piece and I didn't cut all the way through.

kami11213

This happened to me also, I ended up cutting a huge patch of hair off the top of my head :blush:

I hope your damage isn't too bad...

isawstars

Thanks ladies for the kind words. It turns out that it's not a set back, yay! My stylist could barely find where I cut my hair. The only thing she noticed is that my hair is thinner behind my ears compared to the rest of my hair. Luckily I have thick hair so it's not noticeable :yay:

I can't wait to start co washing again. That is why I took my sew in out super early... I couldn't stand it and my scalp was always itching for some water on it.

Girl I feel you, I did a dusting recently and cut more than I wanted too.....I was thinking to myself...."PUT THE SHEARS DOWN :)" It's ok don't worry.......

SelfStyled

Yay- I am so happy it turned out well for you. You are so making me rethink the sew in-I have to be able to wash on the regular.

isawstars

Yay- I am so happy it turned out well for you. You are so making me rethink the sew in-I have to be able to wash on the regular.

Yeah, if you have become a regular washer I wouldn't recommend it. And by regular I mean... 2+ times a week. That's why wigs are so awesome. You get the best of both worlds! :yep:

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

I wish I had seen this post before I took out my weave....definately took a piece out of my hair removing my weave...and I used a seam ripper. I guess I just got impatient taking out the front pieces. Luckily I have a wild thick head of hair and probably won't notice, but I would have liked to have avoided that mishap!!!

isawstars

I wish I had seen this post before I took out my weave....definately took a piece out of my hair removing my weave...and I used a seam ripper. I guess I just got impatient taking out the front pieces. Luckily I have a wild thick head of hair and probably won't notice, but I would have liked to have avoided that mishap!!!

awww! I hate to hear that! That's why I created this thread so other ladies know what they're getting into or decide to get a professional to take it out. Yeah well, at least you have thick hair like me! I'm sure it won't be noticeable.

Kurlee

I'm kinda anal when I take my hair out and will only cut after I raise the piece of thread away from my hair and am sure it is indeed thread.