So I decided to sew in my own weave...

curls 4u2nv

Ok so I decided that I wanted to try and sew a weave into my hair. Just so everyone knows, I have NEVER had a weave before, NEVER seen a weave being sewn into someone's hair before in real life, and EVERYTHING I learned from how to tie the thread so the track won't come loose, to making an invisible part, to making a closure... I learned from Youtube :)

I didnt take pics of the progress because I wasnt sure how it was gonna turn out. First I sewn 2 cornrows on the perimeter of my head to attach the wig cap. Then I did about 12 straight back cornrows, and sewn the ends up. I did not cornrow the hair that was gonna get glue on it from the invisible part. Instead I braided that hair in one braid on one side, one braid on the other side, and one braid in the back, and sewn those three braids down. Then I sewn the wig cap on, cut the part out for my invisible part and glued the part and closure piece on

The hair I used was 2 packs of Say Me human hair blend, 10 inches, in color 1b. I do not recommend this hair because it is GARBAGE and does not hold a curl or a bump. If I knew the sew is was gonna turn out cute, I would have used the better hair that I bought.

1st pic= half way done invisible part
2nd, 3rd, 4th pic= done weave and cut
5th pic= invisible part

eta: Pics of the weave curled are below

Attachments

• weave 1.jpg
    weave 1.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 376
  • weave 2.jpg
    weave 2.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 392
  • weave 3.jpg
    weave 3.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 379
  • weave 4.jpg
    weave 4.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 397
  • weave 5.jpg
    weave 5.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:

NaturalfienD

Good job OP!! I will have to try this style in the very near future. The invisible part is awesome- job well done.

BlaqBella

I wish I could do this on my own head. You did really good and you're a pretty woman.

ETA: I went back and read the Op-instead of just picture reading-No, you did a damn good job. For someone with your experience the results are amazing! I keep telling people that YT tutorials can help you accomplish So much! Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Tiye

It looks good! I also never wore a weave before and learned to do my own sew ins thanks to youtube. The thing about cheapie hair is that it doesn't last for the most part but otoh it usually matches AA hair better than the expensive stuff. Anyway you did a very good job.

curls 4u2nv

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback!! I really do appreciate it. After spending the time to do it, its nice to know that others think that it looks good too lol

curls 4u2nv

So I am trying one last time to curl this weave before I say that this hair is just too lazy to curl.

I am assuming that it just doesnt like to be curled with heat because i even tried to burn a curl in it with 400 degree heat and water sprayed on it, and it fell into a barely wave.

So i just decided to pin curl it and spray a ton of Pump it Up spritz on it since Youtube claims that pump it up spritz can hold anything lol. Now gonna sleep with my satin bonnet on and take picks of the results tomorrow, Im so excited.

Lilmama1011

curls 4u2nv said:
So I am trying one last time to curl this weave before I say that this hair is just too lazy to curl.

I am assuming that it just doesnt like to be curled with heat because i even tried to burn a curl in it with 400 degree heat and water sprayed on it, and it fell into a barely wave.

So i just decided to pin curl it and spray a ton of Pump it Up spritz on it since Youtube claims that pump it up spritz can hold anything lol. Now gonna sleep with my satin bonnet on and take picks of the results tomorrow, Im so excited.

If it doesn't work try putting mousse on it and rolling with flexi rod over night or until it dries

JeterCrazed

You just obliterated the lil bit of sympathy I had for these bad weaves on girls who've been looking a tickity tackity mess for years.

curls 4u2nv

IT WORKED... I wish these pics could show the true cuteness of it. I look adorable imo. I got the weave because i hate straightening my hair for styles like this. I love it!!

Attachments

• weave curled 2.jpg
    weave curled 2.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 36
  • weave curled 5.jpg
    weave curled 5.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 30
  • weave curled 6.jpg
    weave curled 6.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 28
  • weave curled 7.jpg
    weave curled 7.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 30
  • weave curled 8.jpg
    weave curled 8.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 17

curls 4u2nv

You just obliterated the lil bit of sympathy I had for these bad weaves on girls who've been looking a tickity tackity mess for years.

Yea I just obliterated it myself too. And this was an extremely cheap purchase too so i cant really put that into consideration either. $5.99 a pack! I think some people are just satisfied with not being bothered with their hair til their next weave, even if it does look like a H.A.M. Not me, I was more than prepared to take this baby out if I finished it and it looked ugly.

Well it is hot as fire in these southern states so I guess when I go out today, I will be able to see how this pump it up spritz really holds up