HELP!!!! Protein treatment causing breakage!

Godsway

Hi Ladies,

I am so frustrated!!!!!!:mad: I did a protein treatment with elasta QP breakage serum and followed it up with NTM moisturizing conditioner and now my hair feels dry and is breaking!!!!!:mad: I'm confused I followed it up with moisture why is it reacting this way? What should I do??????? HELP!!!

Deep condition! I have the same problem after a protein treatment.

Do you have Miss Key 10en1 or Crema Negra? I am partial to those 2 because they do such a great job! I would just leave deep conditioner on covered with a plastic cap for a few hours.

I have never used any other deep conditioners that compare to those, but any moisturizing intensive deep conditioner may help. Sitting under the dryer with the plastic cap for part of the time can help, as well.

Are you sure it's the BCS? I didn't find it that strong. Hm!
A moisturizing treatment should help.

Faith said:
Are you sure it's the BCS? I didn't find it that strong. Hm!
A moisturizing treatment should help.

I was thinking the same thing too. BCS was not that strong for me either, a good deep treatment would be Elasta's DPR 11, or B's Satin Deep Conditioner. Dominican conditioners are good too like Miss Key 10 en 1 plus or Silicon Mix.

I have noticed that protein is not my hair's friend. If I do a protein treatment it has to be like once every 6 months or my hair will be hard and brittle. I definitely learned not to do one within a month of having a relaxer.

angelbaby said:
I have noticed that protein is not my hair's friend. If I do a protein treatment it has to be like once every 6 months or my hair will be hard and brittle. I definitely learned not to do one within a month of having a relaxer.
I am the same way. And that's with a very mild one like Queen Helene. I've learned to add EVO to mine and to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. Some of us just can't take the protein. That's why Surge is not on my product list anymore. It tore my hair AND scalp up! :ban:

Deep condition! Do for a couple of days in a row. You should start to results pretty soon.

Godsway said:
Hi Ladies,

I am so frustrated!!!!!!:mad: I did a protein treatment with elasta QP breakage serum and followed it up with NTM moisturizing conditioner and now my hair feels dry and is breaking!!!!!:mad: I'm confused I followed it up with moisture why is it reacting this way? What should I do??????? HELP!!!

I think the same thing happened to me Thursday night when I washed my hair. I didn't see any strands when I got out of the shower, but by the time I rinsed the Emergencee out of my hair... breakage city!:mad: My hair's doing better now after some TLC with NTM serum. But the bad thing about breakage is once it's gone....it's gone.:( You just have to wait for it to grow back.

I guess once I reach APL i'll keep it there for a while and let some of those pieces catch up. I think I'll stick to the mild protien treatments for a while.:)

yeah i am another one who found out that my hair doesn't like protein the hard way. i was using all products with protein and on top of that I used Aphogee and my hair is suffering for it and is hard and brittle. I now use the NTM line and deep condition weekly, which I may increase to twice weekly. I make sure to use moisture daily in the morning and at night. I also do protective styles ensuring that my ends stay moist. I try not to comb my hair too often, only around wash time. That's true some people just can't handle protein, light or heavy.

Back