Help Protein treatment!!

What Protein Treatment Do You Use?

• Total voters

JusticeMe

So, I've been moisturizing my hair like crazy in hopes that the lack of moisture was contributing to my dryness and breakage. As soon as I started the moisture regimen I seen a noticeable difference. My hair is no longer dry, BUT it is still breaking like crazy. So I decided that I need protein. I have:

-Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor
-ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair
-ApHOGEE Two Step Protein Treatment & ApHOGEE Balancing Moisturizer.

Which one should I use? I need immediate results.

ceebee3

Hello,

When my hair was breaking terribly I decided to use the hard core Aphogee the 2 step. I'm glad that I did. It did not stop my broken hairs all at once, but it decreased it dramatically. I use it every 6 weeks now and my hair is much better shape. I still have breakage which I'm working on.

I'm still new at this, so I'm not sure which one you should try. A lot of people don't like the hardcore proteins but you shouldn't be afraid to try.

Barbie83

I would start with the Aphogee two-minute. You can buy it in a trial size pack and see if it works for you. It may be all the protein you need. If not, then you can graduate to the more hardcore proteins, like the two-step. But in my opinion, you should start light!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Start with Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor first. Try using a mild to medium protein once a week, that should help

JusticeMe

Thanks! I'm now wondering if I use the ApHOGEE 2-step Treatment today, and I don't see immediate results, how long do I have to wait to try a stronger treatment, particularly the ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair? Is two weeks long enough, since on the two step bottle it says "Rebuilds Hair Structure for Six Weeks"

hothair

I would say use the 2 step treatment if your breakage is severe, it doesn't stop immediately but you do see a dramatic difference, the next 2 or 3 DCs should be moisture based and you'll be fine. Following on I would incorporate a mild protein 2min every 2 weeks at least.

MeechUK

MeechUK
I never really understood the protein/moisture balance! When I tried heavy duty proteins I did not like the way my hair felt. I recently started using eggs and AO GBP and the difference has been immediate. These are much milder forms of protein. My hair feels silky, stronger and moisturised. I think they are a healthier alternative for me. At the moment I am experimenting with using a protein and a moisturising conditioners on a weekly basis for 6wks to see how they effect my hair and I have not been disappointed so far.

MeechUK