Help choosing right Keracare products....

SmartyPants

I am thinking of switching from my beloved Nexxus producte to Keracare products after seeing my cousin's hair tonight...

The problem is I do not know where to begin on picking the right ones since there are so many.

My hair is 4a/b relaxed, no-lye, very dry without a good moisturizer. My hair :lachen::lachen::lachen: at most moisturizers!

I like to use a single product line for the most part, so if I switch to keracare, I will switch all my products to keracare.

I need recs on:

(1) shampoo

(2) moisturizing conditioner

(3) reconstructing (protein) conditioner

(4) leave-in

(5) setting loition/aid

(6) lightweight daily moisturizer

Any recs for those familiar with the keracare line would be appreciated.

shunta

KeraCare Hydrating Shampoo and Humecto Conditioner are the only products I use and I love it.

Kacie

Poo: KeraCare Hydrating
Moisture Con: Humecto
Reconstruct: Affirm 5n1

The other products aimed at styling and daily care didn't do a thing for me. But I live for Humecto and Affirm 5n1. I will be trying Ferm Sustenance Fortifying Treatment soon.

ETA: Leaving Humecto on overnight is a dream for dry hair.

Mandy4610

Poo: KeraCare Hydrating
Moisture Con: Humecto
Reconstruct: Affirm 5n1

The other products aimed at styling and daily care didn't do a thing for me. But I live for Humecto and Affirm 5n1. I will be trying Ferm Sustenance Fortifying Treatment soon.

ETA: Leaving Humecto on overnight is a dream for dry hair.
I have used the Affirm 5 n 1. I love love love it. I also use Keracare leave-in, I absolutely love it too. Yesterday I bought the Humecto conditioner, I have not tried it yet, but alot of women here swear by it. I wanted to buy Keracare's moisturizer (don't remember the full name), but I didn't because the ones I found all had mineral oil:nono::nono:.
Motions had a moisturizer that I can not wait to try, I bought it yesterday.

TriniStarr

I am a KeraCare QUEEN!!!! I love all their products.

(1) shampoo KeraCare 1st Lather and Hydrating

(2) moisturizing conditioner Humecto

(3) reconstructing (protein) conditioner I use Affirm 5 N 1 mixed with Affirm Fibergaurd Sustenance Fortifying

(4) leave-in KeraCare Leave-In Cond

(5) setting loition/aid KeraCare Setting Lotion

(6) lightweight daily moisturizer KeraCare Cond Creme Headress

Hope this info was helpful! Good Luck and Best wishes on using KeraCare!

BlondeByDesire

I recently transitioned to the KereaCare line, so far I have:

Dry and Itchy Scalp Poo and Conditioner
Hydrating Shampoo
Humecto Conditioner (I heard to buy the tub, it's better) I have the bottle
Creme Hair Dress
Leave-in
Silken Seal serum
Spray humidy and shine (forget full name)

On my list to buy is:

Shampoo and Con for colored treated hair
Joba oil
Moisturizer
First Lather

It's really hard trying to stick to one product line bcuz I sill use conconut oil and IC frizz buster and WGO

Last edited:

taylokc

Do's:
Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Humecto
Silken Seal
Cream Hairdress
Oil Sheen with Humidity Block

Dont's:
Leave-in
Setting Lotion is nothing special
Never used the 5 in 1 reconstructor

SmartyPants

Do's:
Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Humecto
Silken Seal<------What does this do and when do you use it?
Cream Hairdress<------I am assuming this is the lightweight daily moisturizer? Would it be good to use this before I do my nightly rollerset (I roll my hair befor bed everynight).
Oil Sheen with Humidity Block

Dont's:
Leave-in
Setting Lotion is nothing special<-----all I need is something with no alcohol and a little hold. Will this do the trick?
Never used the 5 in 1 reconstructor

SmartyPants

One more question... Do you guys know if I can get Keracare products at Sally's or do I have to order them online--I don't want to do a salon because they don't have that 5 lb tub of moisturizer and the way I go through moisturizer, I'll be needing the full 5 lbs!

BlondeByDesire

One more question... Do you guys know if I can get Keracare products at Sally's or do I have to order them online--I don't want to do a salon because they don't have that 5 lb tub of moisturizer and the way I go through moisturizer, I'll be needing the full 5 lbs!

online - Sally's doesn't sell it.

Silken Seal is used when you are doing your roller set - I use it after I apply my leave-in - just a small amount - it's expensive. Shines and seals the hair.

I ordered my last batch from www.discount-beauty.com and they offered free shipping because my order was over $60.

inthepink

The Keracare products are great. I'd recommend the 1st lather shampoo - it's a really non-stripping clarifying shampoo. Also the hydrating shampoo as well as the humecto conditioner.

Lady Esquire

I purcahsed KeraCare Humecto about 3-4 months ago and I LOVE it. I used Nexxus Humecto for almost 2 years as my queen bee condish, but Humecto is the STUFF, girls. (I apply Silicon Mix and a small bit of Humecto on top...and my hair is BUTTER!)

I also purchased the KeraCare headress for my silk wraps and its alright, have not used it enough to give a definitive review yet.

*KP*

My hair is very similar to yours OP and my hair just laughs at the humecto and hydrating/detangling shampoo. I switched after reading & hearing reviews but now the bottles are just gathering dust.

For years, I have used the moisturizing shampoo for dry and itchy scalp and moisturizing conditioner for dry & itchy scalp. The conditioner tingles the scalp which feels really nice and it gives me the best slip ever, even after 15 mins without heat.

I also use the Keracare reconstuctor but I haven't used it for long enough to really give feedback.

I have the leave-in and foam wrap/set lotion but don't care much for either. I actually really hate the leave-in!! I've used the conditioning cream hairdress and the silken seal, both were OK but I wouldn't restock.

...but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the essential oils and have restocked several times, couldn't live without it.

I think it'll involve a little trial and error for you so try and buy the smallest bottles you can or try to get samples if you can.