HELP--Are mesh rollers the best rollers for naturals?

zzirvingj

I wanna rollerset my hair and all the mesh rollers at Sally's have the "brush" in them :nono:

Should I buy those and just take the brush out of all the rollers?? :spinning:

Or just try the magnetic rollers with the snap-on covers?

I wanna rollerset 2nite or 2morrow nite so I have to buy the rollers 2day.

Are mesh rollers the best kind of rollers for naturals to set with?

Nya33

I have used the mesh ones and i hated them, my curl came out but it was really poofy!

Personally I absolutely love the snap on magnetic rollers gave me a much smoother finish.

loolalooh

I have used the mesh ones and i hated them, my curl came out but it was really poofy!

Personally I absolutely love the snap on magnetic rollers gave me a much smoother finish.

COMPLETELY agree! Snap on magnetic rollers are my fave.

SelfStyled

I am not natural, but my daughter is and I rollerset her hair. I use the hard mesh roller (made out of plastic). I like them because I can get the roller to hold with just the right tension.

zzirvingj

I am not natural, but my daughter is and I rollerset her hair. I use the hard mesh roller (made out of plastic). I like them because I can get the roller to hold with just the right tension.

How easy is it to get the hair to hold on the mesh ones you used compared to snap on magnetic rollers?

zzirvingj

So were you able to get them on tight enough? And were your roots straight?

shtow

Your roots get straighter with mesh; however with magnetic, you get an overall smoother set.

Nya33

The mesh ones gripped but i did have fuzzy roots.

The snap on ones give you that "ridge" where the cover snaps on at the roots but they where smoother than with the mesh.

It can be annoying if you don't roll it tight enough with the "snap on magnetic ones" but i prefer unrolling with them than the mesh ones as they snagged a bit.

I will post a pic when i get my camera cable to show you.

zzirvingj

At this point I'm thinking about going ahead and trying the mesh ones with the snap on covers.

So the "ridges" shouldn't be too big of a problem since I plan on flat ironing my roots afterwards, right....? :look:

I wonder if I should do the ponytail set with the magnetic rollers?? I was just reading how another member tried it in another thread...any other naturals used this method successfully?

loolalooh

Do you flat iron after using them?

No. I roll tautly so my roots and the rest of my hair gets relatively smooth. Here are some pics of my rollerset (you have to be signed in to see):

http://public.fotki.com/loolalooh/2007-to-present/my-natural/months-5-6-first-na-1/june22d.html

http://public.fotki.com/loolalooh/2007-to-present/my-natural/months-5-6-first-na-1/june22f.html

This was done without heat, so I'm sure heat (blowdry or flat iron) would make a smoother result.