Mesh Rollers vs Magnetic Rollers?

Ladylynn

Okay, last night I was experimenting with the rollers, and I decided to roll my whole head with magnetic rollers to see if I could truly tell the difference. Okay, of course my hair took longer to dry. I stayed under the dryer for 2 and 1/2 hours, but on cool which is no heat at all. This didn't bother me because my brain wasn't frying :lol: . Also, my hair seemed to be much more moisturized and of course silkier, whereas with the mesh rollers, my hair was kinda dull and had no shine. Could this be because the magnetic rollers don't have many holes so as your hair is drying the moisture has no where to go but into your hair? Does this make since? I am now :perplexed because I'm not sure if I wanna use my wire mesh anymore. I bought so... many, most of which aren't even open yet. What to do, what to do. I do love how fast my hair dries with the mesh, however, since I have very dry 4b hair, I definitely have to have moisture. This could all be remedied by buying a pibbs dryer-- that's next on my PJ list. This should cut down on the drying time if I continue to use magnetic. I am still quite :perplexed .

ajargon02

tc_333 said:
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone who has tried both the mesh and the magnetic rollers would share
- Yes I have tried both

1) which one the like better
-Magnetic rollers

and why
- Well I am a natural. I just wanted to see if I could get my hair to dry straight w/ the rollers and my bonnet dryer on cool. The mesh rollers were a mess for me. the little plastic pin and such just didn't work out. The magnetic rollers always work BEAUTIFULLY for me! My hair comes out straight(although both took forever to dry, w/ the cool setting), and it's really soft. I just use a little shea butter or oyin whipped pudding, and it looks great!

2) did you notice a reduction or increase in drying time?
-if I use a blowdryer, I always use the bonnett on cool with not too much hair on each roller, both took the same amount of forever to dry.I think it was like total 5-6 hrs.that was like 1.5hrs of airdry,w/ the rest w/ the bonnett dryer on cool.

3) is it worth it switching to the mesh rollers if you already have a complete set of the magnetic rollers?
- for me, I don't even think so, but again I am a natural.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
thattvgirl said:
any tips on how to get the end papers just right? when I wet set with my jumbo mesh rollers, my ends turn out frizzy. when I try with the end papers.. my hands and the end papers just can't get it together for a smooth set.

Make sure that your hands are not too wet when you use the end papers because they will stick together or the paper will break as you glide it along the ends of your hair. I just lay out a few ahead of time and grab the papers as I set. I've never tried to set my hair on mesh rollers without end papers, but I can see what you mean about the frizzy ends.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
simplycee said:
I've been looking EVERYWHERE for mesh rollers and I can't find them anywhere! This is why I haven't did a rollerset in a while. I haven't had the time to spend 2 hours under the dryer with the magnetic ones.

Simplycee,

I'm not sure what part of MA you are in, but if you are anywhere near the Boston area, there are several beauty stores that sell the mesh rollers. Here are a few that I know of Andre's Beauty Supply store on American Legion Hwy. Looking Goods in Dudly sq. Kims Beauty Supply, in Dudly sq. and also Jonathans Beauty Supply right across the street from Forest Hills.

With the mesh rollers it should cut your hair drying time in half!!
HTH