Heat Trained to a Relaxed? Advice plz

Zay-neey

I have heat trained my hair since August of 2011. Heat training is such a time consuming process, takes weeks to actually see a notable difference. while with relaxing it will be a one shot deal. So I decided to Relax my hair from now on.

i just recently finished heat training my roots. So at the moment all of my hair is heat trained.

My plan is to grow out my hair for a few months, then just relax the roots of my hair. Eventually cutting of all the heat trained pieces, in a matter of months. Pretty much like transitioning to relaxed.

Advice?

HighAspirations

So this isn't totally relevant but what's your texture? Im considering heat training once i grow out my twa. ..but idk sounds hard

Zay-neey

My Texture is a coarse 4a. it really is hard, especially if you do weekly sessions. takes atleast 1 month to see a difference in texture. Also thats only if your using a high heat and alot of passes.

LightEyedMami

I have heat trained my hair since August of 2011. Heat training is such a time consuming process, takes weeks to actually see a notable difference. while with relaxing it will be a one shot deal. So I decided to Relax my hair from now on.

i just recently finished heat training my roots. So at the moment all of my hair is heat trained.

My plan is to grow out my hair for a few months, then just relax the roots of my hair. Eventually cutting of all the heat trained pieces, in a matter of months. Pretty much like transitioning to relaxed.

Advice?
I think relaxed is better for you (IMO), because if heat training is hard to you it is un-necessary stress. especially if you don't like curly styles.

So this isn't totally relevant but what's your texture? Im considering heat training once i grow out my twa. ..but idk sounds hard

I am heat training and i don't find it hard at all, i don't think high heat and many passes are necessary for heat training, I use low heat with a few passes.....however OP's way will yield quicker results, but im not in a rush so if it takes a year to "heat train" so be it....I used to do weekly, but im currently doing monthly. my hair is better for it.:yep:

BlaqBella

I'm a 'heat trained' natural but i don't know, because i have not had any plans to relax again. I would probably deep cond. like crazy to make sure my hair is in the best condition it can be beforehand. I've been heat training for years now and i cut a few inches in January 12'. However, my hair is growing so fast and is so much thicker now I definetly will not be perming. If you know what products provide you with healthy hair i would put them to good use now.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I regret relaxing my heat trained hair. Please be sure you really want to do it. Please make sure you up your protein treatments.