Have your hair changed?

janeemat

Ladies, have your hair changed for the better since you have been consistently taking care of it. I guess treating it like silk and swallowing 10 pills a day along with MSM has it's advantages. I was just sitting in my office and glanced in my hand mirror at my hair. I'm 6 wks post, wearing a bun/baggie and my hair looks fine. It just looks thicker and healthy. It's beginning to look like someone else's hair. It's really changing. Even my kitchen is softer. A year ago at 6wks post, I would be running to the salon for a touch up. I can now easily stretch 9 weeks. Have any of you ladies experience this?

navsegda

janeemat said:
Ladies, have your hair changed for the better since you have been consistently taking care of it. I guess treating it like silk and swallowing 10 pills a day along with MSM has it's advantages. I was just sitting in my office and glanced in my hand mirror at my hair. I'm 6 wks post, wearing a bun/baggie and my hair looks fine. It just looks thicker and healthy. It's beginning to look like someone else's hair. It's really changing. Even my kitchen is softer. A year ago at 6wks post, I would be running to the salon for a touch up. I can now easily stretch 9 weeks. Have any of you ladies experience this?
My hair definitely has. Since I've been following my current regimen, my hair strands are strong, healthy, and silky to the touch. Normally at this point after my relaxer, I wouldn't be able to get a comb through the new growth but now I can easily do so hehe. However, I'm excited to relax (sometime later this week) and see how much longer my hair has gotten. And my hair actually has that "SWANG" to it now hahaha.

Catina72

I must admit, it is still a shock to see how 'nice' my hair can look even being 10 weeks post! Last night I was at work and a friend I hadn't seen in a few years commented on how healthy, thick, and long my hair looked. She was shocked when I told her I was 10 weeks post! We exchanged emails and I will drop her the scoop on a few things. Oh yea, she is a BEAUTICIAN too!!:lol:

janeemat

Catina, the same thing happened to me. I told my sister that I was 8wks and she screamed! It was funny.

tnorenberg

I don't see any texture change, but I now realize I have so many more style options outside of just the bone straight, flat ironed look. i am actually enjoying my hair more now and playing with the different protective styles and wash n go styles. And I can see that it is a lot healthier too!

taraglam2

Most definitely my hair changed for the better the more I took care of it. Stretching is no problem now. Prior to LHCF I was getting a relaxer slapped into my hair by a "hairdressser" every 4 weeks like clockwork. Now 10 to 12 weeks is the norm. Reading the labels of products and knowing what products to use and when has really helped. I guess it is true, love your hair and it will love you back.

sexyaqr

My hair has also changed and loving it. I no longer have that need to run to the salon 6-7 weeks post. I have only been here lik 2 months and the compliments that I have been getting on how healthy my hair looks is great. And right now I am doing a little experiment of my own with hair growth, texture and my supplements.

Dee-Licious

My hair is doing much better since finding and applying the practices of LHCF. My texture hasn't changed, and I am soooooo not a stretcher :eek: It doesn't work well with my hair; so, I do what works best for me and my hair is benefitting.

ravenmerlita

My hair has changed. I have just finished almost 1 full year of good hair care and my hair is the longest, shiniest and healthiest it has been in years. A woman at work came up to me yesterday, stroked my hair and said "I want to grow my hair out like you did." Another patted me on the back and said "your hair is down your back now" (not quite, it's just past APL) -- I took it as a great compliment for all the care that I've put into my hair.

It's the shine that amazes me the most. In the old days before LHCF, my hair was never shiny.

MzOptimistic

My hair has definitely changed. I am 5 weeks post and my ng feels so soft. My hair feels so soft and it is very strong and my ng at the nape feels so soft. Prior to joining LHCF my nape use to be really coarse and dry. Now I don't feel any cutter bugs back there:)

BrooklynSouth

Definite change in the lack of split ends, snap, crackle and popping. I do have a silkier feel to my hair and seem to be familiar now with each strand. I really visualize my hair not as silk but as strong silk rope. I think 'Rapunzel' as I care for my hair. Amazing, thinking all these years, pre LHCF that grease was the answer to the dryness!!

Mystic

My hair has changed..., this is a mild understatement. My hair has done a 360 degree turnaround since I started taking care of it. I can even stetch for 6 months if I wanted to. Prior to LHCF, I could only go 8 weeks! It's funny that sometimes you don't realize the change until your picture shows it. I can't wait to see what it will look like in a couple years if I stay consistent.

janeemat said:

CAPlush

Well, I had my relaxer catastrophe back in August, so I've only had 4 full months of consistent hair care. But the last time I went for a relaxer the stylist said that she could see a "line" where I started growing out my hair. After air drying a couple of times, I can now see the demarcation line between healthy hair (about 3-4 inches from the roots) and the overprocessed ends. It is a different color, texture, and thickness.