Has Anyone Tried Domician Jar Relaxers?

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Hello Everyone, :wave:

I wanted to place an order with sickbay tomorrow. While on their website, I saw that they have jar relaxers. I was eyeing the Rivas Silicon Mix Cream Hair Relaxer.

I wanted to know the following:

1. Have you ever used Domician Relaxers?
2. What brand and relaxer strength (ex: mild, regular, super)?
3. What were your results?

Thank you again to everyone for all of your help. :rosebud:

ellennicole

I heard that Dominican relaxers were a no-no. I think I remember reading that they were too strong. Have you done a search on Dominican relaxers?:ohwell:

*Frisky*

I have never used them but I have heard from several people how strong they are..even the regular ones and they need to be mixed with conditioner or oil or something to take some of the harshness away.

BostonMaria

I heard that Dominican relaxers were a no-no. I think I remember reading that they were too strong. Have you done a search on Dominican relaxers?:ohwell:

I wouldn't trust it. I've had Dominican relaxers put on my hair and it always resulted in the same thing.. lots of breakage! All of the Dominican salons I go to only use American or Italian relaxers. I'm natural now, but trust me back in the day when I lived in the Dominican Republic they would put that crap in my hair and I would be crying a few weeks later.

HTH!

dcprdiva

I don't know ANYONE who cosigns on dominican relaxers... in fact, everyone I know goes for the blow-out but REFUSES the relaxer.... stay with what you know boo!!!

danysedai

I had one and it broke my hair , it is too strong and burns a lot, never again
I co-sign what one of the ladies here said, they use american or italian products

Britt

Funny, I went and got a touch up last wknd, and I always see a box of Salerm relaxer in the salon. I never see the stylists use it though. I've inquired about it, and they said it's very mild, basically used to texturize.

OT, I need to try a new relaxer, b/c the ORS lye mild is making my scalp burn too quickly and I drowned my scalp in castor oil before hand :ohwell:.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Funny, I went and got a touch up last wknd, and I always see a box of Salerm relaxer in the salon. I never see the stylists use it though. I've inquired about it, and they said it's very mild, basically used to texturize.

OT, I need to try a new relaxer, b/c the ORS lye mild is making my scalp burn too quickly and I drowned my scalp in castor oil before hand :ohwell:.

Ok so like dcprdiva said I'm going to stick with what I know. :) I've always used Hawaian Silky Mild Lye Jar Relaxer mixed w/ Suave conditioner for my texturizer. I think I will do this when I get off work today.

Britt, have you tried Hawaian Silky or Mizani Sensitive Scalp Relaxer? I suffered from the same thing years ago. :nono:

Britt

Ok so like dcprdiva said I'm going to stick with what I know. :) I've always used Hawaian Silky Mild Lye Jar Relaxer mixed w/ Suave conditioner for my texturizer. I think I will do this when I get off work today.

Britt, have you tried Hawaian Silky or Mizani Sensitive Scalp Relaxer? I suffered from the same thing years ago. :nono:

I've never tried Hawaiian Silky... but Mizani Sensitive Scalp is a no-lye right? I don't know if i've ever seen it in lye only... I will def. check :yep: . I prefer lye, but it is a little more harsh on my scalp, at least, I feel that ORS burns me quickly.

eajaye2u

Hello Everyone, :wave:

I wanted to place an order with sickbay tomorrow. While on their website, I saw that they have jar relaxers. I was eyeing the Rivas Silicon Mix Cream Hair Relaxer.

I wanted to know the following:

1. Have you ever used Domician Relaxers?
2. What brand and relaxer strength (ex: mild, regular, super)?
3. What were your results?

Thank you again to everyone for all of your help. :rosebud:

Love Jael and been using it for almost 2 yrs. Its a lye texturizer. I have to find it online.

need2accumulate

i tried silicon mix relaxer with no probs at all. no breakage no nothing. it didnt seem stronger than any others i have tried. i dont relax bone straight though, i follow whatever the instructions tell me to do

Miamori

The relaxer I use isn't 5ominican but Italian, although you can find it in plenty Dominican salons.

I've had a lot of relaxers in my head over the years, and it's the best I've ever used. It's made by Alter Ego and called Linange Shea Butter relaxer.

There are pictures from right after my most recent relaxer in my fotki. This also reminds me I should update with pics. I have no breakage, and the bit of my roots that were relaxed with it are ridiculously healthy, even compared to the rest of my roots, so it's not just because they are the roots. For lack of a better way to describe it, my roots feel as if my hair were just naturally straight and very healthy, as if I had never gotten a relaxer.

It's a good alternative. :)

Miosy

When I was younger I always got badly burned with DR relaxers and loss hair. They are extremely strong and I don't recommend using it if you are self relaxer. NO WAY :nono: