Hard water victims, what do you do?

dinaaike

If you have extremely hard water but are having great hair days right now, please share the secrets of your success!

Are you well on your way to your goal?
Are you co-washing?
Which conditioner did you choose and why?
How frequently are you shampooing?
Which shampoo do you use and why?
Are you struggling with dryness?
What are the hard water challenges you frequently face?

TIA!

Cassandra1975

The best thing I did was get to Lowes and get a shower filter, which will take the chlorine out of your water. That may help as far as conditioner washes, etc. I love my shower filter. We just have to change the filter every 6 months. But the tub doesn't get the hard water build up as fast with the filter.

clever

Great thread!!

Are you well on your way to your goal?I suppose..I'll see at the end of the month.:lachen:
Are you co-washing?Yes,I have been daily since I started my regimen.I am laying off for a while, though.
Which conditioner did you choose and why?Kenra MC.It is the best conditioner/john frieda conditioner(great detangler)Whatever cheapy con's I have laying around.
How frequently are you shampooing?2/3 days a week.
Which shampoo do you use and why?Design essentials moisture retention poo/JOICO chelating poo
Are you struggling with dryness?I was up until 3 days ago.I was not sealing in the moisture with oils(it makes a HUGE difference)
What are the hard water challenges you frequently face?Right now,my hard water concerns are minimal.I have a shower filter and I found a great chelating poo.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I just read the back of my Elasta QPCreme Conditioning Shampoo bottle and it says "is extremely effective in hard water areas." Anyone know anything about this?