Hard water + co-washing

Prelude to a Kiss

M'Baku School of Wakandan White Silencing
I'm used to co-washing, moisturizing, and sealing daily but I've noticed that NONE of my staples have been working as well as they should. It's been a few weeks since I've been here (just moved) and I now have splits where there used to be none!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: That's when I realized that we have hard water.

Does anyone else have hard water and co-wash? What products are you using? Do you use a filter, distilled water, what? Any help would be wonderful. TIA

LushLox

I bought a shower filter last year, and the difference is fantastic. Not only does your hair benefit but the skin does too.

A filter or use distilled water is a must if you live in a hard water area imo. Your products will work so much better.

clever

if its hard enough that you are noticing splits,I would get a water filter.It makes a world of difference trust me.I spent a long time trying new products and techniques to combat the hard water but I found that the water filter was the best solution.

Denise11

I agree with the other ladies. When I started using my shower filter my moisture balance had a dramatic boost. In both my hair and skin. And the softness- incredible!!

MummysGirl

I live in the UK (hard water!), I cowash up to 2ce a week and I seem to be doing okay. I do ACV rinses once in a while but I might get a shower filter too.

LushLox

Mz.Shug

Living here all my life I didn't really notice until I went to Ohio for the summer. After showering there I noticed I only had to lotion once my hair and skin thrived (my hair grew,or should I say I retained more length and my hair and skin felt very soft and moisturized.) When I came back home my skin was VERY dry and began breaking out very bad.Not only my face but my body.I also had dark blotchy skin on some areas kinda like scabs but not.Not to mention that my hair began breaking off again even with the same reggie.Moisture just wouldn't stay in which naturally lead me to moisturize my hair 3x's a day. HTH.

ebonylocs

Like a couple of ladies in this thread I live in London and the hard water appears to be taking a toll on my hair. May be one of the reasons why frequent wetting doesn't work for me even though I know that my hair usually loves water.

I might invest in a filter, but I don't know how much longer I'll be here.