Half an inch in two weeks…can I make it one in a month??

lovelymissyoli

I got a half an inch in two weeks...can I make it one in a month??

Okay ladies I have to share the latest update on my cornrows and my personal challenge.

It’s been 2 weeks and I have already received a ½” in growth!! :clap: My braids need to be redone again and I can’t wait to see how much growth I’ll get the next time around.

So anyways, my question to you ladies is….does this mean that if stick to my hair care regimine and I get my hair braided again, granted I get the same growth again, I can receive an inch a month or am I getting my hopes up???

You can check out pictures of my growth here: Cornrow growth

Last edited:

KAddy

That is so great. Your hair looks great in the braids and you DO have a great deal of growth. You have inspired me to get my hair braided too. (Of course, I am usually all talk, but I think I will go get my hair braided one day soon). I can't do the braids with extra hair added so your option seems best for me.Again, that's great progress.

lovelymissyoli

queeny20 said:
That is great lady, what are you doing to get all of that growth?
Thanks. You know I’m not doing anything out of the ordinary besides using my own moisturizing concoction and spraying Surge around my hairline. The time that I washed my hair I applied a Cayenne pepper mixture to my hair before I rinsed my scalp and I’ve recently started taking Biotin, however, I know those things aren’t major factors because I’ve only been taking Biotin since Sunday and I washed my hair once. I guess it must be the constant moisture, Surge, and my hair growth rate. Whatever it is…I hope it doesn’t stop! :)

mrslee

Love yourself first!
lovelymissyoli said:
Thanks. You know I’m not doing anything out of the ordinary besides using my own moisturizing concoction and spraying Surge around my hairline. The time that I washed my hair I applied a Cayenne pepper mixture to my hair before I rinsed my scalp and I’ve recently started taking Biotin, however, I know those things aren’t major factors because I’ve only been taking Biotin since Sunday and I washed my hair once. I guess it must be the constant moisture, Surge, and my hair growth rate. Whatever it is…I hope it doesn’t stop! :)

I have been surging like mad as well! I hoping to gain two inches by my next touch up! Ihave about .5 inch now of NG and hope to gain the rest by Jan 24th! I wonder if this is unrealsitic?!

melodee

That's really good Oli! I am now in rows, since last night (thanks for the advice on shampooing). I plan on keeping braided up for a few months. I hope I get growth like are have been. Man, I wish I could Surge, but it tore up my scalp in the past, and I don't want to risk it while in braids.

candibaby

congrats on your growth! i've been in rows for the past 2 weeks as well and have about as much growth as you do.. maybe it IS the Surge cause I'm using it as well! :)