Hairdrenalin Potion

Solila

Anyone heard of this, or use this? I did a google search for this after I found a blog about it. Apparently, people are really taking about it. The ingredients seem pretty safe to me...but I have my suspicions.....

Castor Oil
Cayenne Pepper
Black Tea
Onion Seed Oil
Garlic Seed Oil
Biotin

Here is the creator's youtube page (Prime suspect #1):
http://www.youtube.com/user/OhValerieMonCherie

Here is the website that sells it AND other products (Evidence):
http://hairdrenalin.com/KinkyCurly.html

Here is a website I found about this product and alternatives to making it.
http://www.mylonghairjourney.co.uk/2011/06/hairdrenaline-potion-my-take-on-it.html

I'm a serious hair scientist in my home. I really love to make my own stock of products and this was something I was willing to try mainly because of the ingredients.

What is your take on this?

EssenceOfBeauty

She is considered...how do put this delicately...shifty by most LHCFers while a few(perhaps one or two:look:) swear by her product.

In a nutshell, her hair doesn't seem to show the proof of her product claims. Tread carefully.

ETA: Here is one of the threads discussing it.

Last edited:

Americka

It sounds very interesting, Solila. If you have the necessary products on hand, then go for it. I retired my mixtress apron a long time ago. BTW, I apply castor oil topically, do the occasional black tea rinse, and I take Cayenne and Biotin internally.

Solila

Americka, I do too, but I drink nettle tea instead. This is why I'm so confused. Some of these ingredients are really good, but why is the creator barely ear length?

manter26

She is a master deceiver and she has a lot of followers. Its just crazy to me how people can get hypnotized so easily.

It's really scary. She sells more than just the "potion" too. No ingredients listed, shoddy practices...no hair on her own head and people still eat it up. She stays bragging about that "afro" too. smh. I don't get it.

greenandchic

I love her BS excuse for "cutting her hair". Guess what? Nobody's hair grow evenly. My hair grows almost twice as fast in the back than the front and slightly faster on the right than the left. Its annoying, but that's my hair growth pattern and constantly cutting it isn't going to help me gain substantial length.

But as long as people continue to eat it up, what can I say?

MeowMix

:grin: Trip down memory lane OP. Oh man, I jumped on and got out front with this. I didn't buy it but made my own. I swear for a while it seemed like it was working. Looking back I don't know if the heaviness of the castor oil made my hair stretch or what. I was telling ERRBODY. People were like topicals don't work, you need to wait. If you look to the right, I've been waiting FOREVER. I NEEDED this --- to WORK.

Potion/hairdrenalin/snake oil is the one that finally got me off bandwagons. I was driving myself crazy measuring my hair every three days to see if it was working. Kray I know but good times:rolleyes:

Seamonster

Warning-Long post from a potion user!

People on LHCF will write you off, if you as a person seem shaky-no matter how good your product is. So the comments about potion on LHCF are going to have more to do with Valerie than the product. I am subscribed to her, make my own potion and swear by it. All that being said, I would encourage you to make your own potion. I enjoy making and using mine in many different ways. Never bought any from Valerie because just like everyone else on LHCF I am still watching her :eye:

Here is the dish on Valerie; she is a nefarious business woman, and doesn't tell the whole truth. Her sister and dad did videos testifying about how good potion was, but they presented themselves as if they were strangers. She doesn't talk about the proper way to use potion. Never warned people about hair breakage as a result of using too much potion. In order to help people that use products like potion avoid breakage risk, and retain some of the hair that is grown, I created a series of instructional videos at the beginning of my journey. Valerie admitted to being a slow grower in her first videos on how to make potion, and now she is claiming to be a fast grower that cuts all the time. You ain't gotta lie Craig :nono:.

Numerous companies make a product similar to Hairdrenaline's potion. Also a lot of ladies on here have had success with sulfur, tea rinses, cayenne, and castor oil separately. A lot of folks on here use hair trigger, which is basically the same formula. http://www.hairtriggergrowthelixir.com/ingredients.html#axzz1qA0E3lfw

My results: My hair started out the year neck length, and I am getting close to APl. I was natural ear to chin length for 20 plus years. So I am happy with this product, and many others. My hair goal is to grow back my bald spots, and be able to have thick shoulder length hair. It is still a work in progress.

If you were to watch my videos you would see my hair growing; then you would see new bald spots, then new hair growing, then thin longer hair. Then you would see my hair cut video. Everybody subbed to me, knows I suffer from alopecia.

Whereas Valerie is lying, she claims she got a blunt cut, then proceeds to show us her layers. Then she got the nerve to say, 'where did these bangs come from?, I am going to have to talk to my hairstylist about that',:look: