Has anyone gotten their three inches?

fancypants007

I have been using the potion for 2 weeks and when I took down my protective hair style I did not see that much significant growth, although my hair did appear to be longer if that makes any kind of sense. I've decided to put my hair in braids at the end of this month and I will be using the potion only on my hair and scalp for 3months to see if I get any additional growth. I do like the greenhouse effect especially since the weather is warmer and increased growth usually occurs during this time. I can say about the potion, that I noticed that my baby hair is growing. I couldn't believe how much she hiked her prices up. I purchased a 8oz and it was $15.95, now it's $21.00. I will be making my own. I have a batch in the refrigerator brewing as we speak. You can buy the onion oil and garlic oil but they are expensive. I found another website that sells it... http://www.lalaessentialoils.com/garlic-oil.html.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

EllePixie

I resent an email to her asking about the ingredients and I got this response...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lachen: okay then.

Her website btw, lists "honey and aloe" under and allergy warning heading. :rolleyes:

^ this is my response to that entire operation...the potion, the products, the t-shirts (gawd the t-shirts), everything.

I actually almost bought this tshirt the other week without knowing it was her - http://www.spreadshirt.com/hair-growth-chart-tee-C3376A6969076 - and then I thought, "Hmmm...$30 is a lot to pay for a white length check tshirt." I'm glad I didn't give that woman any money and got a Hairlista shirt instead.

*Frisky*

No. People don't know what's in that bottle, they are only assuming she put what is listed in the bottle. Big companies have been fined for not putting in all the ingredients listed in their product, so the same could apply here. She just opened shop in her kitchen a month ago.

Yes. People can send their money to whomever they like.

Yes there are strict laws about this and people really need to do research before they decide they just want to up and sell something. I do believe those ingredients can stimulate hair growth so maybe there will be better documented results from people as time goes on.

*Frisky*

I actually almost bought this tshirt the other week without knowing it was her - http://www.spreadshirt.com/hair-growth-chart-tee-C3376A6969076 - and then I thought, "Hmmm...$30 is a lot to pay for a white length check tshirt." I'm glad I didn't give that woman any money and got a Hairlista shirt instead.

Are the lines correct on that shirt? The SL and APL lines don't look as if they are in the right place unless the definition of these lengths have changes since I joined the board:lol:

growinghealthyhair

I use it. I purchased from her before she hiked her prices and was actually inboxing her for help on how to make it but decided to just purchase a bottle. I haven't been super consistent with it. I was most interested in the ingredients she used, I just want to stimulate my growth as much as possible. I'm only using it on my nape area and have a little left. I didn't realize the prices changed until I saw this thread :-( So I may not purchase anymore and just stick to my Nioxin.

*Frisky*

I have been using the potion for 2 weeks and when I took down my protective hair style I did not see that much significant growth, although my hair did appear to be longer if that makes any kind of sense. I've decided to put my hair in braids at the end of this month and I will be using the potion only on my hair and scalp for 3months to see if I get any additional growth. I do like the greenhouse effect especially since the weather is warmer and increased growth usually occurs during this time. I can say about the potion, that I noticed that my baby hair is growing. I couldn't believe how much she hiked her prices up. I purchased a 8oz and it was $15.95, now it's $21.00. I will be making my own. I have a batch in the refrigerator brewing as we speak. You can buy the onion oil and garlic oil but they are expensive. I found another website that sells it... http://www.lalaessentialoils.com/garlic-oil.html.

I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

I commented on this in the other thread but no one replied so I will mention it again. If you look at one of the first videos she did showing the ingredients and how much growth she got, I did not see the onion and garlic oil but when she did her tutorial on how to make the potion, she used the onion and garlic oil but I don't think she did anymore growth videos after she did the tutorial so I am confused on why she decided to do the tutorial with those ingredients but she hadn't been using them to get the growth she claims she got. Personally I think getting those oils is a waste of money especailly if people feel by doing what she did to a tee is going to get them the same results.

This is the video where she shows the ingredients at Castor Oil, Tea, Cayenne Pepper and Biotin with no garlic or onion oil.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OhValerieMonCherie#p/u/16/HgLcGctXv7I

EllePixie

Are the lines correct on that shirt? The SL and APL lines don't look as if they are in the right place unless the definition of these lengths have changes since I joined the board:lol:

LMAO I thought that maybe I could use it to display my "full" lengths. :lachen:

mzteaze I don't get it either. I know that ppl have used biotin, cayenne, etc for growth, but I have no idea why it even warrants spending $40 on 16oz of formula.

reeko43

Wait a gosh darn minute. She's selling $30 growth shirts too? Why didn't she use one to chart her own growth instead of those ambiguous pictures??

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Well EllePixie, I think products like this get sold for the same reasons people are willing to go from product line to product line trying out new stuff (without waiting to see if the results are temporary or permanent). They all want the inside jump to instant gratification. It also prays on people who, like another posted discussed, have issues with their hair and feel some amount of shame.

I watched the video but I had no feeling of "gotta have it". I mean the video started out showing a woman with shoulder length hair then she had short choppy hair. Not sure what she was trying to prove with it but if I wasn't impressed with her relaxed hair, why would I be impressed with her short hair?

reeko43

Sorry I don't get this. I watched and clearly am lost on what her "potion" does that no one else can do.

You missed the memo, you can get up to 3 inches in 7 weeks!

All jokes aside, the potion does have good basic ingredients that would be healthy for the hair. I think it would be better for people to make this themselves and not give their money to this salesman who is charging an arm and a leg and could be putting anything in the bottle.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
*Frisky* I thought somebody else would have pointed that out before as well, she didn't use the 2 oils before and now she does? I remember reading it's for their sulfur content, then why not just use sulfur? I'm confuzed...

EllePixie

All jokes aside, the potion does have good basic ingredients that would be healthy for the hair. I think it would be better for people to make this themselves and not give their money to this salesman who is charging an arm and a leg and could be putting anything in the bottle.

I could have sworn that someone also said they received their bottle and all it had was a piece of tape on it. Usually the mark up for products comes from the $ for labeling, quality check, etc...

Your Cheeziness

I watched the "before" and "after" videos on YouTube and looked REEEALLLLY hard to see phenomenal growth. I mean, I turned my neck all which-a-way and I just didn't see phenomenal growth. Now, I know everybody doesn't know how to take proper length check pics :look:, but I was like naaaa, I'll pass. I'm definitely a growth aid user and believer, but Iono about this one.

growinghealthyhair

I could have sworn that someone also said they received their bottle and all it had was a piece of tape on it. Usually the mark up for products comes from the $ for labeling, quality check, etc...

EllePixie

I ordered before she marked up her prices and thats how mine was bottled. Nothing cute. Just plain old bottle. And from what I read it's still the same thing. I really don't want to stink up my kitchen trying to make my own. And I actually think I'm gonna step away from oil growth aids because it makes my weave/wigs oily so I have to wash more often than normally.

Your Cheeziness

Here is why I dont like these hair growth things for people that are not suffering from hair loss.

If and when you stop the hair will shed. There is someone on YT who took hair growth pills and when she stopped her shedding increased. Yes she made a video showing the shedded hair. I was thinking darn is it worth it.

I'll keep my regular ole' hair growth for $100, Alex.

That's not my experience. I was ride or die for Megatek for 6 months straight and did not experience any post-use shedding.

But, whether she's lying or not (I don't think she is), people should understand that it's not guaranteed to work. All these growth aids are, are supplements to what we're missing that's making us not reach our growth potential. And that varies with each person.

growinghealthyhair

That's not my experience. I was ride or die for Megatek for 6 months straight and did not experience any post-use shedding.

But, whether she's lying or not (I don't think she is), people should understand that it's not guaranteed to work. All these growth aids are, are supplements to what we're missing that's making us not reach our growth potential. And that varies with each person.

Exactly. I just want to maximize MY growth potential :)

Your Cheeziness

I resent an email to her asking about the ingredients and I got this response...

manter26:
You say the LYE (terrible name for a hair product by the way) and Tamer are all natural but you don't list any of the ingredients. Do you have an ingredients list so consumers are aware of what they are paying for and whether or not they have any allergies to the contents?

valeriemoncherie:
Are you aware of what a pun is? Puns have been used by some of the most famous pre 20th century writers. The name is a pun.

For those who may be seriously considering buying the product, I am sure they have carefully read the description on the website, which lists any possible allergy triggering ingredients.

Have a splendid day!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lachen: okay then.

Her website btw, lists "honey and aloe" under and allergy warning heading. :rolleyes:

^ this is my response to that entire operation...the potion, the products, the t-shirts (gawd the t-shirts), everything.

Dang, did you have to insult the woman's product like that from the jump? Sheesh! I'm not surprised you got an answer in that tone. :lachen:

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal

LOL..yeah that memo went to my SPAM box. :yep:

I agree about the healthy hair growth from good, basic ingredients. That is what makes me sad about these fantasical claims. It sells people on instantaneous results - something that all of us had to learn at one point or the other with our HHJ. You can get growth but PATIENCE is the best basic ingredient anyone can use.

Last edited:

manter26

Dang, did you have to insult the woman's product like that from the jump? Sheesh! I'm not surprised you got an answer in that tone. :lachen:

As a business and public relations grad and professional, I gave my opinion. I don't beat around the bush. Why would you name a hair product after sodium hydroxide? I don't see the wit or "pun" in that. I should come up with some eye drops called bleach and see how well it sells. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I wasn't trying to be rude and she was straight up rude and condescending. Great customer relations too, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

EllePixie

EllePixie

I ordered before she marked up her prices and thats how mine was bottled. Nothing cute. Just plain old bottle. And from what I read it's still the same thing. I really don't want to stink up my kitchen trying to make my own. And I actually think I'm gonna step away from oil growth aids because it makes my weave/wigs oily so I have to wash more often than normally.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking people for buying it (You're my boy, Blue!) but this lady seems HELLA sus. Like first she didn't want to sell it at all, then started, then increased the price dramatically, started selling tshirts and products that she won't give the ingredients of??? Then she was loving her amazing growth on her relaxed hair, then did a secret BC and came back claiming significant growth? Doesn't she know that in order to show growth you need to consistently track it? I need a pic of her original BC, because that cut looked fresh in her video. I agree with reeko43 that the ingredients in the "potion" are not bad or totally foolhardy, but the CRAZY growth this lady is claiming to achieve...:nono:

Your Cheeziness

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking people for buying it (You're my boy, Blue!) but this lady seems HELLA sus. Like first she didn't want to sell it at all, then started, then increased the price dramatically, started selling tshirts and products that she won't give the ingredients of??? Then she was loving her amazing growth on her relaxed hair, then did a secret BC and came back claiming significant growth? Doesn't she know that in order to show growth you need to consistently track it? I need a pic of her original BC, because that cut looked fresh in her video. I agree with @reeko43 that the ingredients in the "potion" are not bad or totally foolhardy, but the CRAZY growth this lady is claiming to achieve...:nono:

ITA. I'm super anal about length check pics. No pics..No buy. (for me anyway)

But, I can't knock the hustle. Somebody believed her video. And if enough somebodies believe you, there is a demand. Supply and demand at it's best.

*Frisky*

@*Frisky* I thought somebody else would have pointed that out before as well, she didn't use the 2 oils before and now she does? I remember reading it's for their sulfur content, then why not just use sulfur? I'm confuzed...

itsjusthair88

I am wondering why nobody has caught this too. I didn't see where it was for the sulfur content but that is dumb to spend alot of money on those oils and you can use something else possibly for cheaper.

ladyviper

@EllePixie Not to mention the fact that she used her sister as a testimonial but only admitted to being related after people asked her about it. Because they look alike. Her sister did a video and when people asked her how she got the product or whatever she said: "I know her personally". I mean come on. Why not say at the beginning of the video that you are Valerie's sister?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking people for buying it (You're my boy, Blue!) but this lady seems HELLA sus. Like first she didn't want to sell it at all, then started, then increased the price dramatically, started selling tshirts and products that she won't give the ingredients of??? Then she was loving her amazing growth on her relaxed hair, then did a secret BC and came back claiming significant growth? Doesn't she know that in order to show growth you need to consistently track it? I need a pic of her original BC, because that cut looked fresh in her video. I agree with @reeko43 that the ingredients in the "potion" are not bad or totally foolhardy, but the CRAZY growth this lady is claiming to achieve...:nono:

hair4romheaven

Y on the other hair website women that have purchased miracle in the bottle has stated "their oil smells like bacon grease or corn bread". :perplexed
Hey women buy it so....

Napp

Ms. Nobody
As a business and public relations grad and professional, I gave my opinion. I don't beat around the bush. Why would you name a hair product after sodium hydroxide? I don't see the wit or "pun" in that. I should come up with some eye drops called bleach and see how well it sells. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I wasn't trying to be rude and she was straight up rude and condescending. Great customer relations too, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

it sounded rude to me.you could have still gotten your point across without sounding rude or condescending. but what do i know? i just an undergrad:ohwell:

DrC

Wait a gosh darn minute. She's selling $30 growth shirts too? Why didn't she use one to chart her own growth instead of those ambiguous pictures??

Somebody should ask her that question on her YouTube. :lol:

manter26

it sounded rude to me.you could have still gotten your point across without sounding rude or condescending. but what do i know? i just an undergrad:ohwell:

Like I said, I speak in a straight forward manner. I'm not going to coddle someone and beat around the bush. I inserted my opinion as a side note. I have no duty to speak a certain way, but she as the business owner does. If you or anyone else wants to hear a certain tone other than that intended, that's not my problem.

There are many many reasons why "LYE" is a terrible name for a product. For one, why would a natural use a product that sounds like something with such a negative connotation. I wouldn't use a product called "RELAXER" or "PERM" either, no matter how "punny" you are trying to be. Second, there is a thing called search engine optimization (SEO). If my sister tells me this product was amazing for her hair and she says, "take a look at the product it's on the bathroom counter," I see LYE written on the bottle (assuming there's a label :lol:). I go home and search google to find that product and all the search results point me to some product that eats through metal, etc...I'm probably not going to buy that product (even though what I intended to find was something else).

Since her website says she is taking pre-orders and other products don't even have labels, I assumed nothing had been manufactured and there is still time to make changes. So, as market of her potential market, I gave my honest opinion. If "terrible"=rude then so be it. :ohwell: There's still a duty to the consumer. Usually there's a lot of market research done before putting a product out there.

Anyway, is it really too much to ask for some ingredients on a product...sheesh. People need to be more aware of what they are putting in and on their bodies. There is so much blind following going on it's scary.