Hair Smoothing/setting Lotions For Natural Hair?

sugarbaybie

When I was relaxed I used setting lotion to smooth my hair.

Now that I'm natural, I'd like something that helps that. I still set my natural hair on rollers as I did my relaxed hair, but the setting lotion makes it feel hard sometimes and dried it out.

Any smoothing products that you have used and know helps?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I haven't used setting lotion since my transitioning days. When I was transitioning I would use design essentials, beautiful textures, or cream of nature the argon one. None of them ever made my hair hard. I keep saying I'm going to do a roller set on my natural hair but I'm lazy and prefer my wash n goes. I let my hair dresser do a roller set a couple weeks ago and it was a frizzy mess. Her technique sucked.

almond eyes

I haven't used setting lotion since my transitioning days. When I was transitioning I would use design essentials, beautiful textures, or cream of nature the argon one. None of them ever made my hair hard. I keep saying I'm going to do a roller set on my natural hair but I'm lazy and prefer my wash n goes. I let my hair dresser do a roller set a couple weeks ago and it was a frizzy mess. Her technique sucked.

Stephanie why do you think her roller set failed? Did she do it on dry/stretched hair or wet hair.

I am thinking of doing one soon.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Stephanie why do you think her roller set failed? Did she do it on dry/stretched hair or wet hair.

I am thinking of doing one soon.

Best,
Almond Eyes
I think it failed because she did it on blow dried hair. I showed her a picture of what I wanted it to look like and she instisted she needed to blow dry it. I think it would have come out fine on wet hair. Back in the spring she did a flex rod set on my wet hair that came out perfect.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Diluted lottabody as per the instructions.

Mizani setting lotion

Either product on soaking wet hair set with reeeaaaallly small parts and a bazillion rollers to make smooth and straight.

sugarbaybie

Diluted lottabody as per the instructions.

Mizani setting lotion

Either product on soaking wet hair set with reeeaaaallly small parts and a bazillion rollers to make smooth and straight.
I bought the Mizani. I'm mostly natural, does it help natural hair? Also does it give it shine also? Or just leaves a matte, smooth look?