Hair Skin & Nails by Natures Bounty

Malice

I bought this vitamin today because of that 3000mcg of Biotin on the cover, I was in a rush so I didn't read the directions which tell me that it's 3000mcg once you take 3 a day. I was sold thinking that was in one dose, I hardly ever eat 3 meals a day, it's usually 2. I've been on a vitamin kick lately, I'm already taking Centrium and 2 NAC's daily, and I wanted to incorporate Biotin and B-complex, for my skin and hair by just adding 1 more to my daily vitamins instead of 3. Another thing is it's 60 capsules, so this will only last me 20 days. Anyone take them? Is it worth the trouble? Should I just buy a high mcg bottle of Biotin and call it a day? Anyone taking a different Hair, Skin, Nails combination that showed results?
TIA

tricie

Hey, Malice!

I actually use another brand of biotin by Nature's Bounty; it is called Super Potency biotin, and each capsule is 5,000 mcg (or 5mg). I just upped this one to two a day. I have had some nice growth with it by itself, but I like to take MSM (and my other vits), too. I am going to try to attach a picture of the bottle, so bare with me if it doesn't show up!

If you want to try this one, watch the sale ads for Walgreen's and CVS; they both carry this brand, and sometimes have it on sale buy one, get one free! That's a great deal if you take them daily like I do!

View attachment 4104

(click on the picture to make it larger)

I take N-Acetyl-Cysteine (just recently, the others longer), too (this is supposed to be the best way to supplement with cysteine), and several others (see my siggy);so far so good; I have a relaxer on Wednesday and have lots of new growth, but manageable, and that never happened until I started with this forum back in December!

HTH!

Last edited:

RoseGolden

I've been taking those for forever (just recently fell off lol). But anyways there pretty good and i've never taken them 3 times a do. You can just do what I did and take one in the morning and two at night. I was taking them with other stuff too but I just divided it up like that.

Malice

Thanks for your replies ladies!

That's a good idea Krys!, while I have the bottle I'm just gonna double one of the doses.

tricie, I saw a tag at CVS with that 5000mcg Biotin but they were out. :mad: When I'm out of this Hair, Skin, and Nails bottle I'm gonna just grab that next. Heck, I might hit Walgreens at the end of this week and just grab some. My skin has cleared up alot lately though, I don't know if it's the Centrium and NAC, getting more sleep, or my facial products, but it's been alot clearer. I hope the Biotin alone doesn't make me breakout as it has some of the other ladies here but I'm gonna try it and see how it goes.

loved

Anyone else using Nature's Bounty Hair Skin & Nails vitamin? They're on sale right now at Costco. 250 (3 per day) for $8.49 after coupon.

Serving Size: 3 Caplets
Servings Per Container: 83
Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:
Vitamin A (as Vitamin A Palmitate) 5,000 IU - 100%, Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 120 mg - 200%, Vitamin D (as D3 Cholecalciferol) 100 IU - 25%, Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 15 IU - 50%, Thiamin (Vitamin B1)(as Thiamin Hydrochloride) 5 mg - 333%, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 5 mg - 294%, Niacin (as Niacinamide) 25 mg - 125%, Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 5 mg - 250%, Folic Acid 200 mcg - 50%, Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 8 mcg - 133%, Biotin (as d-Biotin) 5,000 mcg (5 mg) - 1,667%, Pantothenic Acid (as d-Calcium Pantothenate) 15 mg - 150%, Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate and Dicalcium Phosphate) 711 mg - 71%, Iron (as Ferrous Gluconate) 3 mg - 17%, Phosphorus (as Dicalcium Phosphate) 150 mg - 15%, Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 100 mg - 25%, Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate) 7.5 mg - 50%, Selenium (as Selenium Yeast) 12.5 mcg - 18%, Manganese (as Manganese Gluconate) 5 mg - 250%, Sodium 5 mg <1%, PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 25 mg - **, Choline Bitartrate 75 mg - **, Inositol 30 mg - **, Ribonucleic Acid (RNA) 30 mg - **, Citrus Bioflavonoid/Rutin Complex 37.5 mg - **, Horsetail (Equisetum arvense)(arial) 3 mg - **, Hydrolyzed Collagen 50 mg - **, Alpha Lipoic Acid 10 mg - **.