hair rinses

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

ACV RINSES:
DO YOU LADIES RINSE THE ACV
FROM YOU HAIR????? or LEAVE IT IN?

BLACK TEA RINSES:
DO YOU LADIES RINSE THE BLACK TEA FROM YOU HAIR or LEAVE IT IN?

Last edited:

discodumpling

I would rinse THOROUGHLY after any rinse...herbal or otherwise!

I think these hair treats are designed to get in & do their job effectively & efficiently.

ACV can be VERY drying and harsh (to a degree) I use it not only for my hair but to clean meat, poultry & fish before I season it AND I use it to do some household cleaning so it's got to have some kind of chemical/caustic effect....LET the hair science begin!

lovelexi

bump. i think im going to try the black tea rinse. i know shedding is natural but it scares me when i see broken hairs in my comb.

KinkyGenius

I might have to breakdown and try the black tea rinses as well. I tend to only see an uncomfortable amount of shedding when I'm deep into my stretch.

ETA: I fully agree with @ discodumpling. I would definitely wash out the rinses if I were you.

gn1g

I have Hypertension but would like to try earl Grey scented Black Tea, anyone else do BTR that have HBP?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I'm curious as to how to make a black tea rinse (how many tea bags with how much water?)

great question actually! some make it more potent by doubling the amount of tea per instructions

i do the opposite, i use one bag.... double the amount of water on the packet
but i re-pour over and over catching the tea in a large bowl

I READ SO MANY PEOPLE WHO LEAVE THE ACV & TEA IN!!!! OTHERS RINSE IT OUT

NOT SURE

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
ok.... a little puzzled about hair rinses.

ACV rinses, (i massage this mix into my scalp b/c of an extremely itchy scalp)....but my question is DO YOU LADIES RINSE THE ACV FROM YOU HAIR AFTERWARDS? OR LEAVE IT IN? <--- i've never known, so i've done both

BLACK TEA RINSES....(thank you so much Tracyee....although i have a house full of Nutrine garlic shampoo, Black tea STOPS MY SHEDDING IN IT'S TRACKS! I MEAN RIDICULOUS!!!!) SO I OWE YOU MY 1ST BORN (kitten) tracyee!!! thank you

however.....LOL (DO YOU LADIES RINSE THE BLACK TEA FROM YOU HAIR or LEAVE IT IN? i've done both! idk

thank you so much ladies
I leave it in and have had no problem. Sometimes I use it to rinse out my conditioner. Since I mix ACV in the tea, I only do it once a week or less.

I'm curious as to how to make a black tea rinse (how many tea bags with how much water?)
I use one regular tea bag per 2 cups of water and let it steep as it cools in the frig.

tdc1978

I have only done one rinse so far (acv, rosemary, green tea and jasmine) and rinsed afterward. The rinse did make my hair feel very soft!

beautyaddict1913

I have Hypertension but would like to try earl Grey scented Black Tea, anyone else do BTR that have HBP?

Black tea rinses are safe, despite your condition, youre not ingesting it so its fine.

Here's how I do it:

boil 2-3 bags of tea, let em steep at least 2 hours
saturate my hair with my favorite oil
Dump the tea over my head over the sink in the kitchen, with a bowl over the drain so that it catches the tea. I repeat this process about 6 times.
Wrap my head in a towel, put a shower cap over it, let it sit 30 mins. Rinse with warm water. Then I proceed with my conditioner detangling session and deep conditioner treatment.
I would never leave tea in my hair longer than 30 mins, nor use it without following up with a DC. Since its a strengthener I treat it like a protein treatment.

imanatural

You should definitely rinse it out. That's why it's called a rinse. It's up to you how long you would like to leave it in but not too long. I get the best results when I mix 1:4 parts ACV:distilled water. Put a cap on and leave in while I shower etc.. then rinse with warm water. It also helps if the shower is hot and there is steam. It gets realllyyy soft!

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I have done two black tea rinses.
Boiled 4 cups of water and let 5 tea bags steep in the cooling water over night.
I did two tea rinses within a week using 2 cups of the tea water at a time. The first time, I did the tea rinse and proceeded with my shower and then applied conditioner. After that I washed out the tea and conditioner. The second time, I did the tea rinse and then put the conditioner on my hair and did a DC under a wig while I ran errands for about three hours. After that I washed it out but I think much of it came out... my hair probably soaked it up.
My hair seemed to like both ways but I haven't done a tea rinse in a while. It did stop my shedding after a homemade avocado hair mask mishap.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

imanatural;11448088[COLOR="Red" said:
]You should definitely rinse it out. That's why it's called a rinse. It's up to y[/COLOR]ou how long you would like to leave it in but not too long. I get the best results when I mix 1:4 parts ACV:distilled water. Put a cap on and leave in while I shower etc.. then rinse with warm water. It also helps if the shower is hot and there is steam. It gets realllyyy soft!

touche' my friend...... touche'!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

imanatural

:) we ALL have our moments...i'm glad you didn't find my comment snarky.. its hard to tell a persons tone through text. i wondered about that after i posted so thanx!

Day Dreamer

So far I have only done two black tea rinses. I add the tea to my hair before I dc for 30 minutes but I also use it as my final rinse so it stays in my hair. So far my shedding has decreased and it makes my hair feel strong.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

:) we ALL have our moments...i'm glad you didn't find my comment snarky.. its hard to tell a persons tone through text. i wondered about that after i posted so thanx!
lol! no sis... I'm very silly... and a lot of fun

I love personality!!!! YOUR COMMENT WAS APPRECIATED!!!!!
(trust me, I've been ready to invite a few to meet me in the streetz):lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: j/k! (kinda)

Last edited: