ACV RINSES

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
hi ladies i have read lots of things about acv rinses
what are the reasons for doing them? how do you do them ?

Allandra

You're welcome.

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
ok two more questions are they done after every shampoo
and after putting the acv in your hair how long do you keep it on? with heat or without heat.

Allandra

I do mine after I shampoo my hair (but not everyone does it this way - some do so after conditioning - which I know nothing about). I keep mine on for a few minutes. I have never heard of anyone doing an acv rinse with heat.

soslychic

Guys when you do acv rinses, do you do the acv rinse as the final final rinse or do you follow it with pure cool distilled water? and if you do the latter, do you let the acv rinse sit on your head first a little while before rinsing with the distilled water? Also, do you go ahead and mix your water and vinegar together and use it several times or do you mix tablespoons of vinegar in with your water separetly every time you wash? In what porportions? TIA

Nonie

I do my ACV rinse last. I prefer to leave the acidity in my hair rather than rinse it out with distilled water since I like the fact that the ACV helps the hair cuticle lie flat and thus helps in locking in the moisture. I mix my ACV rinse at the time I'm going to use it. I can't tell you how much (sorry), I just pour...making sure not to put too much coz too much acidity can be bad for your hair (according to the Pantene website). I argue that a drop is better than none so I put very little. If you are more comfortable with measurements, here's a recipe for a rinse...more like a spritz. But I don't see why you can't just add the amount of water and make it a rinse:

[ QUOTE ]
Essential Oil Vinegar Rinse
<ul type="square">
2 tablespoons (8 teaspoons/40 ml) apple cider vinegar
20 drops lavender oil
20 drops rosemary oil
10 drops geranium oil (or lemon oil if hair is oily)
Rain or distilled water
1 teaspoon vegetable glycerine [/list]

Mix essential oils and vinegar together in a 300ml spray bottle. Fill up with purified or rain water. Shake well before use.

To use: Rinse the hair after shampooing then spray thoroughly with the vinegar rinse.
Don't rinse out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Source: http://www.neryspurchon.com/recipes/haircare1.html

HTH