Co-Washing/Rinse Out Conditioner After DC??

Angel of the North

I can understand why people do final tea/ACV rinses etc. but I'm curious to know why you do this and what benefit you guys get from it.

I don't personally do this. But I *think* some people might if they get more slip from the rinse out conditioner than from the deep conditioner.

99% of the time I DC with a few oils mixed in my DC, CWing not only adds more moisture and slip but it helps get some of the excess oil off my hair and scalp

I always DC on dry/dirty hair, (before I poo or co wash) so I always then proceed with a cowash or poo wash.

I normally don't do a final Conditioning Rinse unless I'm using a product that specifically says it's for a Final Rinse.

Normally, my DC'er does and should get the job done.

My Final is an ACV Rinse (to close my cuticles after Steaming or DC'ing with Heat). I Always DC with Heat.

And I do a Tea Rinse before I use my Leave-In.

I like to DC on dry hair as well (I've only done it when the directions call for it though) But in any case I like to do a final rinse for the slip and scent. I'll use Aussie Moist or AO HSR or GBP.

When I was relaxed I used to deep condition and then use Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner immediately after to give my hair some slip so that I can detangle my hair in the shower. I stopped using a rinse out conditioner after my DC when they changed the formula to the Nexxus conditioner. Now that I'm natural I wash and condition my hair in twists, and no longer detangle in the shower, so I don't feel the need to add that extra step in my regimen anymore. I found out that I could get even more slip if I just add an oil to my hair after putting on my deep conditioner.

Back