Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

davisbr88

ronie: idk how I missed your post! And yes, I have that issue, too, and that's where the spiritual part comes in. When you're really not hungry but want to eat, you "fill" yourself with scripture or prayer. Sort of like what you would do during a fast, if that makes sense.
Prettymetty: that sounds ROUGH! Good luck with everything you have left to do tonight! *cheering you on*
Also, I NEVER weigh a couple days before my period or on it. I bloat like a Macy's Day float.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Im finally starting back with my smoothies tomorrow. I still haven't been able to exercise yet. I have to make a follow up appt and also schedule PT but I'm so busy taking care of everyone else I need to make time for myself. Anyway my eating habits have been horrible. I haven't been eating breakfast or lunch some days and just eat dinner. Smh I'm going to get it together though.

Hair wise still no change. My hair is still in a beehive.

ronie

I have so much work around the house that I won't have time to exercise until the kids are in bed. Dh is at work until 11 and I'm here with all 4 kids. I am on my third load of laundry. I still have to sort, fold/hang, cook dinner, clean the kitchen and have them in bed by 830. I started my cycle today so that explains the bizarre weight gain I had. I probably shouldn't weigh again until it is over...
Girl I got tired just reading your post. You are amazing.
Welcome cynd I right here with you. With a good waste trainer I can wear some of my dresses now. I got to the point where I was wearing my workout clothes as regular clothes cause they were the only ones that fit.
OAN: I had 4 Oreo cookies today and half of a can of coke. My eating was all messed up because I slept most of the day and I had to rush to get my daughter to the sitter and then come back to work. I meant to pick up a smoothie from my local organic store, but I was late. So of course I get to work and the Doctors ordered pizza and cookies for the staff. I had 2 bites out of a slice of pizza then someone asked me to share it so I gladly have it up.
Tomorrow morning I am doing body works for an hour at the gym straight from work at 8:30 am.
Hair: overdue wash, protein and DC all day. I am off the next 4 nights so i will just wash twist and leave it alone until Monday night for work. It's too cold to go out this weekend unless DH gave me a good reason to pretty up.

ronie

On my way to the gym now for body works class. I might do a 45 mins cardio after to make up for the coke, pizza and cookies from last night.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
KinksAndInk try think thin protein bars. They sell them in whole foods and other chain grocery stores. Best tasting protein bar I've ever had! Great way to get ur protein in. I keep them in my car and purse so I'm not tempted to stop and eat while I'm out. I'm really not hungry after eating one. They have 2 protein versions the one below and a high protein one that has like 20g and 250 calories they're ok, but just know that when there is that much protein stuffed in a bar it's not going to taste as good. The ones below are the best. Hope this helps. Here's the high protein ones.

Thanks. I'll pick some up today.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
My cycle started on the 2nd so my willpower went right out the door. :wallbash: I have to do better. Although I haven't been eating a lot, it's been very poor choices when I do eat. The only thing I ate the other day was Wendy's and of course I didn't choose salad. That one meal was probably 1500 calories by itself :sad: Tuesday is my long day at school so I had a lunch special from Little Cesar's and 3 sodas (Pepsi and mt dew) to stay awake. Then had a cupcake at like 10pm when I got home. I can't keep doing this. I'm going in the wrong direction. From Monday until yesterday my hair was in 4 chunky twists under a bonnet and a beanie. I'm going to color it and treat it right tonight. I've just been neglecting my whole body. Smh

cynd

Thanks ronie!

Funny that you mention waist training. I've been seriously researching using one. In my "glory days" I had a 22 inch waist, but now I can't even find anything that looks like a waist on my body. SMH I work from home and I can't remember the last time I wore anything other than sweats. I'm just so tired of feeling like this and I can't believe I let things get to this point. My problem is that I am an all or nothing person. I either have none of it or all of it. I don't exercise at all or I exercise so often that I quickly burn out. I pray for moderation.

KaramelDiva1978

Please please add me! I just had a baby on 1-15-15 so he's three weeks old today. I've gotten a handle on breastfeeding and have clearance to do some light walking until my six week appointment so I'm starting today. I need to lose 35 lbs over the next few months. I'll have dh take a picture where I'm not trying to suck in NY gut and I'll add it here with my stats.

I've always had no problems jumping into fitness and health because of family members who suffer from illnesses as a result of not taking care of themselves. I hope to keep that momentum going so that I can be here for my family and be active with them.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I went to the grocery store this morning. I got a lot of fruit and veggies. This morning I made egg beaters with onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and turkey. I made myself a spicy glass of tomato juice too. It was yummy :lick:

I haven't had any bread all day so I might have a roll with my salad for lunch. Either that or pizza for dinner. I will only have 1 slice and I won't dip it in ranch :blush:

hareluvah

davisbr88 Thank you so much for starting this challenge.

Hair Goals
Current Length:TWA (1/2 inch of hair)
2015 Goal Length:FNL
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: natural
Hair type: very fine but dense mostly 4a, with 4b crown and 3c nape
How you will achieve goal: henna, protective styling, and moisturizing

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight:204
Goal Weight: 125
Current Dress Size: 12-14
Goal Size: 4
How you will achieve goal: watching my portions, minimizing sweets, and breaking a sweat at least 6x a week. I plan on doing a combination of HIITS, lifting and zumba.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just woke up from an intense nap :sleep: I had a dream and everything. Before the nap I had a kale salad with grilled chicken, tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, craisins and mandarin oranges. After that I had a 1/2 cup of icecream. I savored every bite. My problem is not with sweets, it is overindulging. I was good today.

One of my weaknesses is binge eating. I have a slight food addiction, but I am learning it is about what you eat AND how much you eat. This has been a great week so far. I'm really optimistic this time around!

ronie

Thanks ronie! Funny that you mention waist training. I've been seriously researching using one. In my "glory days" I had a 22 inch waist, but now I can't even find anything that looks like a waist on my body. SMH I work from home and I can't remember the last time I wore anything other than sweats. I'm just so tired of feeling like this and I can't believe I let things get to this point. My problem is that I am an all or nothing person. I either have none of it or all of it. I don't exercise at all or I exercise so often that I quickly burn out. I pray for moderation.
cynd
I got a large one and a medium from Amazon. I can't remember the brand. I just searched waist trainer and I chose the most reviewed one with Amazon prime. I am glad to say that I downgraded to the medium as the large one was starting to be bulky under my dress due to it being loose. I only wear them to go out. I couldn't stand to work out in them.
Today: I completed body works for an hour. I was too tired to complete any cardio as I wanted to. I had rice again, unfortunately, that DH brought back from my mom s house. Tonight I made a smoothie and I will be drinking water until bed time
Today s smoothie
1 cup and a half pineapple
Handful of blueberries
1/2 a banana
2 handfuls of kale
Half of a large cucumber with skin
1 scoop Pure Protein daily fit protein powder (strawberry flavor)
1 cup and a half unsweetened almond milk
Cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon comvita Manuka honey
2 tablespoons whole flaxseed
This was the best tasting smoothie I have made to date. I have some to my DD (4 years old) and she loved it. She asked for more. I bought this Manuka to mix with my DCers but I never got around to do it. Mixing it in my smoothies is a great alternative.

ronie

I just woke up from an intense nap :sleep: I had a dream and everything. Before the nap I had a kale salad with grilled chicken, tomatoes, avocados, cucumbers, craisins and mandarin oranges. After that I had a 1/2 cup of icecream. I savored every bite. My problem is not with sweets, it is overindulging. I was good today. One of my weaknesses is binge eating. I have a slight food addiction, but I am learning it is about what you eat AND how much you eat. This has been a great week so far. I'm really optimistic this time around!

I too struggle with overindulging. This time around I feel is my last chance to get to and maintain a healthy weight. I'm not getting younger, and I would love more babies. My first was a c section so i am already considered high risk. I need to take obesity off the high risk list. I am so happy to be able to share with this group.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm not sure what to eat for dinner. I wanted to make some greens, but idk. All the fiber (veggies) is giving me gas :rofl: I don't know if I can handle the side effects of greens tonight :lachen:

Ajna

I was wondering if anyone has tried Barre classes? If I recall they used to be all the rage a few years ago but I have not heard much since then.

Running outside is going to be a huge challenge over the next few weeks so I was thinking of mixing it up a bit.

xu93texas

I too struggle with overindulging. This time around I feel is my last chance to get to and maintain a healthy weight. I'm not getting younger, and I would love more babies. My first was a c section so i am already considered high risk. I need to take obesity off the high risk list. I am so happy to be able to share with this group.
It's great that you want to get your body in shape and be healthy; especially before getting pregnant. I still think the hardest part is losing all the baby weight. I have 4 children and 3 were c-sections. I had child #3 at 35 and #4 at 40. It's all about your mindset and having a good physician to work with. Sending baby ((vibes)) your way:)

Last edited:

ronie

It's great that you want to get your body in shape and be healthy; especially before getting pregnant. I still think the hardest part is losing all the baby weight. I have 4 children and 3 were c-sections. I had child #3 at 35 and #4 at 40. It's all about your mindset and having a good physician to work with. Sending baby ((vibes)) your way:)
Thank you for the baby vibes. It means a lot. Glad to hear about your story too. It gives me hope.

cynd

That's great re downsizing your waist trainer @ronie. How long did it take you to do that? I'm headed to Amazon.com to check them out. Your smoothie recipe sounds yummy so I'll have to try that too.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Since my roots are already slightly reverted I don't mind breaking a sweat at the gym today. I think I will do some weights and the stationary bike. My thighs need the most work :sad:

ronie

That's great re downsizing your waist trainer @ronie. How long did it take you to do that? I'm headed to Amazon.com to check them out. Your smoothie recipe sounds yummy so I'll have to try that too.
Hey cynd I started wearing it in November 2014. But the loosening didn't really start happening until January after I lost around 8-10 lbs.

ronie

Breakfast: raisin bran cinnamon almond and 1% milk. How is that the regular raisin bran has more protein than the one with the almond. I sacrificed the extra calories thinking it had more protein, but it actual has less. That makes no sense, but I like it so I will keep buying.
Only 16 oz of water so far, so I need to get on that.
Will do body works class at 4:30.
I am making a cucumber, carrots, spinach and sardines salad. Just threw in whatever I have around the house together really. I had no recipe for this.
Will have dinner (don't know what yet) after my workout.

I will clarify, protein treat, and DC my hair tonight. I was too lazy to do it yesterday.

davisbr88

Hunger hasn't come yet for today, so I have been drinking lots of water (and a Coke Zero) and getting work done. Not worrying about food so much has been so liberating! I've been really productive :)
I went water only with my hair last week and I am starting to see the benefits, though I am still adjusting to product-free hair. Luckily I am wearing wigs for the time being!

KaramelDiva1978

If you want in, just like this post and submit your stats (photos are optional -- I'm not showing y'all my back fat :perplexed)! I will update the challenger list on February 1 and every Thursday for the rest of the month. After that, you're free to join, but will not be listed officially.

Hair Goals
Current Length: BSL and a few more inches (unsure of exact length)
2015 Goal Length: Waist length and no damage from postpartum blues
Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Texlaxed
Hair type: 4a
How you will achieve goal: Moisturize, seal, oil and protect my ends with rollersetting and bunning. I also think for me salon care is a must and Ihave a trusted stylist who takes good care of my tresses. So I will continue to let him take care of my hair.

Weight/Fitness Goals
Current Weight: 185 (22 days post c-section)
Goal Weight: 150
Current Dress Size: probably a 16
Goal Size: 8 or 10
How you will achieve goal:
I'm working out at my gym, eating clean, and breastfeeding. My body needs physical activity to burn calories, so I will have to stay moving to be successful.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Stuck in training for 8hrs today. It's going to be one of those "snacky days" but at least the options are granola bars, water, orange and apple juice, pretzels and peanuts. Could be worse.

ronie

If you want in, just like this post and submit your stats (photos are optional -- I'm not showing y'all my back fat :perplexed)! I will update the challenger list on February 1 and every Thursday for the rest of the month. After that, you're free to join, but will not be listed officially. Hair Goals Current Length: BSL and a few more inches (unsure of exact length) 2015 Goal Length: Waist length and no damage from postpartum blues Relaxed, natural, texlaxed: Texlaxed Hair type: 4a How you will achieve goal: Moisturize, seal, oil and protect my ends with rollersetting and bunning. I also think for me salon care is a must and Ihave a trusted stylist who takes good care of my tresses. So I will continue to let him take care of my hair. Weight/Fitness Goals Current Weight: 185 (22 days post c-section) Goal Weight: 150 Current Dress Size: probably a 16 Goal Size: 8 or 10 How you will achieve goal: I'm working out at my gym, eating clean, and breastfeeding. My body needs physical activity to burn calories, so I will have to stay moving to be successful.
Welcome KaramelDiva1978 and congrats on the new baby. It's great to have a trusted stylist.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I planned all my meals and pre logged them on my caloriecount app. I'm at 1566 for the day and that includes tuna and a green salad with fruit that I will eat later. I'm really not that hungry... I ate a grilled chicken caesar salad around 4. Who knows I may just call it a night and delete that last meal from my log.

ronie

I planned all my meals and pre logged them on my caloriecount app. I'm at 1566 for the day and that includes tuna and a green salad with fruit that I will eat later. I'm really not that hungry... I ate a grilled chicken caesar salad around 4. Who knows I may just call it a night and delete that last meal from my log.
That s awesome. I was very successful when I used the calorieapp a few years ago. Thanks for the reminder.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did an interactive total body workout on my tv (Uverse). Then I vacuumed the house and burned a few more calories. Today was a good day :cool:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
That s awesome. I was very successful when I used the calorieapp a few years ago. Thanks for the reminder.

I stopped a while back, because it can be really time consuming searching and logging every single thing you eat :drunk: I need this app to keep me in check though. I was easily eating 3000 calories a day before I started tracking. It's no wonder I haven't been able to lose weight. Luckily I'm active otherwise I would've gained a whole lot :look: