Hair Butters, How Do You Use Them ?

Moodyma'am

Hey great thread OP.

I predominantly use my butter (olive) for oil rinsing under a steamer - great for the no-drip factor and no smell like regular olive oil.

After reading this thread I may experiment with sealing. This winter I will be avoiding glycerin and need to step up my moisture retention.

JC-Junkie

Thanks guys but this thread would not be good without the great advice being given :yep:

I definately need to step up on my moisture retention !!

any more ideas ladies ??

Mrs. Verde

Hey great thread OP.

I predominantly use my butter (olive) for oil rinsing under a steamer - great for the no-drip factor and no smell like regular olive oil.

After reading this thread I may experiment with sealing. This winter I will be avoiding glycerin and need to step up my moisture retention.

Hmmm...I hadn't thought about using my butter when steaming. Good idea. I have a 5lb container of olive butter from camdengrey.com. I have about half left. This will help me use it up.

KurlyNinja

I've never used butters before, but this will be my first winter for my HHJ. Has anybody used pumpkin seed butter?

Mrs. Verde

Has anyone tried walnut butter ?? I've heard of it, I think someone said it's grainy ?? Is still good ?

Sorry I'm not that familiar with walnut butter. However, when I have had grainy butters. I melt them in the microwave (only the portion that I plan on using at that time). This makes the butter easier to use.