Hair butters? What kind and Where do you get them?

SugarBaby

I am in transition w/ 3b & 3c hair. I am curious about the hair butters that a lot of the naturals are talking about. I have heard of Shea butter and Avocado butters...What websites have hair butters?

camellia

I love butters! :)

Avocado butter is a very heavy,rich butter, and it's my all time favorite and staple hair product. It's excellent for the winter especially if you live in a cold area. Avocado butter is very thick but not hard like shea butter, you can easily spread it with your fingers.

Hemp seed butter is another one I love. It's green in color and just a little less heavy than avocado butter. It's also very rich and quickly absorbed into hair.

Macademia nut butter is slightly lighter in texture and richness than avocado or hemp seed but it's wonderful too. It's pretty expensive though, so I don't use it as often as the others.

I buy all of my butters from from nature with love.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
I made mine with a base of pure, un-refined shea butter, pure un-re-ined mango butter and cocoa butter..get them from a local hlth food store..with alot of other oils

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I have some Shealoe (Shea Butter + Aloe Vera) Butter from http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com, and I do like it. The only advice I give is to maybe order your Shea Butter based products in the cooler months because I ordered mine during the hot summer month of July, and during the shipping process, it melted and turned gritty. That didn't change the effectiveness of the product, but I had to make sure to smooth out the grits in my palms before putting it in my hair.

I more than likely will order from that site again since they have so many other kinds of butters and oils that I would love to try.

Dare~to~Dream

I occasionally use Virgin Mango Butter {sometimes I mix/whip it with Jojoba Oil} which I ordered from Oils By Nature.

mppaul2

Just tried Carol's Daughter Loc Butter on my new growth....feels really nice:) I think I ordered online from her website