[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Welcome Candibaby!

[ QUOTE ]
i've heard that it's not good to brush relaxed hair with boar bristles, but nobody has ever confirmed it. what do you think, isis?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in my experience even the 100 % boar bristles broke my relaxed hair. I thought we were supposed to brush our hair everyday. I didn't know about haircare yet in those days, I just stopped doing it and my hair stopped breaking from it, immediately. I think it was Cathy Howse who wrote about the fragility of relaxed hair and her hair broke off too when she used to brush it. Her hair started showing length when she stopped.

It may be just fine for natural hair though.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. do you know another kind that i can use instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use a wide tooth comb with no seams. A bone comb (make sure there are no seams or rough edges) works very well too. I use this only when detangling my wet, conditioned hair under a running shower. I then use this afterwards when combing my leave-in through my wet hair. I air dry my hair so after that, no more combing until my next wash, just finger-combing and smoothing with my hands. No tangles at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

Kaela

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I brush my hair but not with a boar bristle brush. I used the denman D4 nylon brush. It's been a life saver too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I brush occasionally, but not that often. I use this nylon brush to detangle and its amazing

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
My mother doesn't own a brush and her hair is relaxed at waist length.

I haven't brushed in a while except for the Denman brush which isn't even a brush IMO. It's a comb with multiple rows.
And it smooths like a fine-toothed comb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great description of the Denman

kytrona

[ QUOTE ]
webby said:
I use a wide tooth comb, no seams, jagged edges and the comb must be breakable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why must the comb be breakable?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I occasionally brush my scalp/roots if I'm wearing a straight style. I hardly ever brush my whole hair shaft. I think it depends on what type of brush you use. Paddle brushes are okay for the hair shaft but boar bristle brushes are more for the scalp. I just now started to massage my scalp because I heard it stimulates growth