Hair Advice

nursedcn73

I have micro braids now and will be taking them out in a few days...i dont have any sides left due to the braids and the top of my hair line has shortened due to the braids...the last time i had a perm was back in sept/oct and really dont want to put another perm in after the braids are taken out...what can i do to get my sides to grow back as well as repair hair damaged by overprocessing, dyeing, and overall lack of good hair care...im ready to grow my hair back but want to do it the right way this time and permanently:bookworm:

amwcah

There are so many options for your edges. You can try some growth aides or simplier remedies such as CO(castor oil).

So, are you trying to figure out a regimen?

NaturalBoss

I lost my edges due to tight micro braids and kinky twists. I tried a few growth aids and saw no difference. I finally left my edges alone and they grew all the way back. When I say "left them alone" I mean no growth aids, no pulling or tugging, etc. Also after you take your braids out, I recommend that you use a protein conditioner and then after that use a moisturizing conditioner. I also highly recommend that you DON'T relax your hair. It sounds like your hair is damaged and weak and a relaxer is the last thing you want to use.

nursedcn73

Yes Im trying to figure out a good hair regimen...this weekend Im going to wash and deep condition my hair, then put in a leave in conditioner, have my ends clipped, wrap while its wet and let it dry, once its unwrapped im going to flat iron...this plan right now is on a weekly basis until I see that it doesnt work...my goal is to grow it as long as i can hopefully to the middle of my back