Are kinky twists the same like micro braids?

Blue_Berry

Are kinky twists the same like micro braids? I had bad success with growth, hair dryness and hair always pulling with micro braids. I want to get kinky twists in my hair, but are they similar to micro braids?:ohwell:

Solitude

No. For kinky twists, the braider uses kinky-textured, very cheap synthetic hair to form two strand twists. The sections are much bigger than micro braids.

I hate micro braids, but I like kinky twists. The look is more natural, and they are easier for me to take down.

The downside is that they are still expensive, you still have to be careful that they don't pull too tight, the cheap synthetic hair can dry out your natural hair, and if you wet your hair too much, the kinky weave can matt..HTH.

Oh, there are youtube vids on how to do your own, you start them like a braid, then twist, and use rollers and hot water to seal the ends.

Blue_Berry

Thank you Solitude! Yeah, maybe I am going to leave the kinky twists alone. I may have to find a different style, cause I do like washing my hair.(especially co-washing)

Last edited:

shunemite

No not at all. Pretty much everything Solitude said about the bigger size and being easy to take down. Taking down kinky's for me is like 6 hours less than the time to take down micros.