• ORS Fert. Serum

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Other....

Votes: 30 42.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SimplyBlessed

Hey ladies...I have question...

Lately I have been super hair lazy and I'm ready to get in gear and work on my edges. I've said I'm going to start using soooo many different things, get the supplies and never do it...My edges are EXTREMLY thin (I think I may be suffering from traction alopecia) and I wanted some suggestions...

I've been hearing soooo many different things that can help with this problem but wanted to know what has helped u ladies sooo please vote in my poll on what u think I should use...and I will use this product and keep everyone updated....I really want to stick to natural stuff if possible!!

Also maybe I should just not get into all the mixing and be simple...while I've been searching for the perfect product (i.e. not doing anything to my edges at all) I have noticed great progress lol but I know they still need a little help...

I forgot to add

Mega-Tek
MN

Can't figure out how to add more poll options lol

Last edited:

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
How about moisturizing your edges faithfully everyday (I use VO5 Moisture Milks for this). Apply some JBCO and some plain ol Neosporin (yup the one for cuts). Worked miracles for me. Plus, my results were fast. hth

CaliDiamond

I voted JBCO with rosemary oil because the JBCO protects the hair adding thickness to strands while the rosemary oil stimulates the scalp. Rosemary oil was particularly helpful in re-growing my edges this time around.

Mane Event

Another member recommended using conditioner on a daily basis. IT WORKS!!!

I actually alternate between a light leave-in conditioner and moisturizer (care free curl) in the mornings and at night. This has greatly helped....I went to Ohio to visit my bff last week (after not seeing her for 3 months). The first thing she said was "Your edges look good" - at of all things to say...no hello, how are you doing, thanks for coming out :lachen:

I'm not sure a growth aid is even necessary if you keep your edges moisturized.

You also need to diagnose the reason for breakage (hair styling techniques, pulling too tight, braids, etc - eliminate those!!!!)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Mega-Tek will Definitely grow them back rather quickly *make sure you keep the area well moisturized* I've had good results with this Product.:yep:

Despite ALL it's criticisms/debate.:look:

JBCO -- I think Would also Help. I am Currently using MT and Sealing with JBCO in a couple of trouble spots.:yep:

Conditioner -- I have been reading good things about just applying Regular Conditioner as well and sealing with oil.

I think you will have to tweak all the Suggestions you've received to discover which one is right for you.:grin:

msbettyboop

I started using ORS fertilizing balm for my nearly bald edges in September and it's grown back. I also massage for 5 mins morning and evening with a mix of coconut oil, rosemary and eucalyptus oil. I just added peppermint oil into the equation. I do this massage everyday without fail, no matter how exhausted I am. I believe this has also helped tremendously. HTH. :)

SimplyBlessed

Conditioner makes sense...keep the area moisturized will = less breakage....

Ok i'm getting some idea....Rosemary is def a must...

I did a search last night on the internet and a lot of studies suggest herbs such as horsetail, nettle....

silenttullip

I second the ors

I started using ORS fertilizing balm for my nearly bald edges in September and it's grown back. I also massage for 5 mins morning and evening with a mix of coconut oil, rosemary and eucalyptus oil. I just added peppermint oil into the equation. I do this massage everyday without fail, no matter how exhausted I am. I believe this has also helped tremendously. HTH. :)

SelfStyled

Thanks for starting this thread OP. I like Starronda's approach with the conditioner. I think I will try it out for myself. OP I just though of a really good cheap conditioner that might be helpful because it has some growth stimulating ingredients in it. It's Trader Joe's Tingle Conditioner.

These are the ingredients:
Ingredients: water, tea tree, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, birch leaf oil, chamomile oil, clary, coltsfoot leaf, yarrow oil, mallow, horsetail oil, soybean protein, cetyl alcohol, vitamin e, trace minerals, citric acid, sodium hydroxymethylgycinate, grape seed

Curly Nikki just did a review too on the conditioner:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/11/trader-joes-tea-tree-tingle-conditioner.html

bridgeback2life

I did several things:
started putting hair up every evening unfailingly. Use a hairnet, or satin cap
vitamins for the hair
nexxus biotin creme morning and evening
seeing a beautician at least once every two weeks.

SimplyBlessed

Thanks for starting this thread OP. I like Starronda's approach with the conditioner. I think I will try it out for myself. OP I just though of a really good cheap conditioner that might be helpful because it has some growth stimulating ingredients in it. It's Trader Joe's Tingle Conditioner.

These are the ingredients:
Ingredients: water, tea tree, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, birch leaf oil, chamomile oil, clary, coltsfoot leaf, yarrow oil, mallow, horsetail oil, soybean protein, cetyl alcohol, vitamin e, trace minerals, citric acid, sodium hydroxymethylgycinate, grape seed

Curly Nikki just did a review too on the conditioner:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/11/trader-joes-tea-tree-tingle-conditioner.html

Sounds interesting unfortunately I don't have a trader joe's in my area maybe I'll look it up online

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
SB -- You Definitely Have Some Good Options......:grin:

It's all about figuring out what your hair will tolerate and what works.

And Patience works wonders too.:grin:

I'm sure those edges will thicken up before you know it.

Geminigirl

Even though I am still trying to thicken my edges up moisturizing is what helped my edges grow back. I'd say try to moisturize atleast twice a day but no less than once and massage. I didn't know about condish and oil I think I will try this. I hate ORS aloe lotion.

Geminigirl

Ok yea. ORS Fertilizing made my edges fall out. Dr. Miracles is strong smelling and I couldn't use it long enough for that strong spicy spell. Plus I was skeptical about it because of reviews of the product line.

Skiggle

Megatek is good mixed with essential oils,
but its too expensive for me....
Now I use
JBCO/rosemary oil and Organix coconut serum.
In the mornings, afternoon and at night time..
Works like a charm.

mzsophisticated26

Thanks for this post, I have been dealing with thin edges all my life(I think its hereditary) but I had got bald spots in the temples from too tight micros and sew in. I just started using JBCO in september and they have filled in some not a lot, I apply it everyday. I think I may test out starronda's method with neosporin because megatek did nothing and I gave away my last MTG which worked but stinks.

Last edited:

SimplyBlessed

:confused::pullhair: <~~~~~~ how I feel right now...

What to do...what to do...

JBCO is a little thick so i'm a little hesitant about using it...

I made a infusion of the horsetail herds/oil (mac) and its sitting but I'm thinking of just using the JBCO....mmmmmm

Miss AJ

I never had problems with my edges until recently. I have pretty much picked at my hair so much that I have caused severe breakage on the left side and I even managed to tear up the right side a little bit :wallbash: I was using MT for about a month and I thought I saw improvement but I didn't, so now I'm back to my old faithful sulfur oil. In addition to using my sulfur oil twice a day, I will make sure to use extra moisturizer on my edges and concentrating on them when moisturizing. To stop myself from picking at my hair I put on my satin bonnet as soon as I hit the door.

hair4romheaven

I used claudies elixir and it helped. MT did nothing for me. I haven't tried JBCO because its so thick but I may give it a try. I am in braids though that may cause build up huh?

baddison

natural for good
Well, I can only speak based on my own PERSONAL experience. The only thing that I have found that really brought back my nape and edges is Growth Specifics Revitalizing Hair Balm. Nothing but Castor oil, Cocout Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil and some sulphur. Man - it brought back my nape and edges with a vengeance!! :yep: LOL!! I apply 2x's per week, my wash days, on clean scalp. That's it. I love the way the peppermint makes my scalp feel all tingly. I'll be able to show some nice progress pics when I break my BootCamp in Deceber.

morehairplease

Well, I can only speak based on my own PERSONAL experience. The only thing that I have found that really brought back my nape and edges is Growth Specifics Revitalizing Hair Balm. Nothing but Castor oil, Cocout Oil, Peppermint Essential Oil and some sulphur. Man - it brought back my nape and edges with a vengeance!! :yep: LOL!! I apply 2x's per week, my wash days, on clean scalp. That's it. I love the way the peppermint makes my scalp feel all tingly. I'll be able to show some nice progress pics when I break my BootCamp in Deceber.
thanks for sharing baddison! I plan on purchasing this along with the serum for Christmas.

SimplyBlessed

I've heard of this product....its sumthing u can only get online or at ur local BSS?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
After reading through this thread, I made a little 'Composte' consisting of JBCO, Mega-Tek and a little conditioner.:grin:

I took the best of the best (suggestions) in this Thread and created something.

My Plans are to use it on my Crown Area.:yep: