It's an EDGES COMEBACK Story....Come on in! PICS!

bride91501

Thank goodness for progress pics- for 2 reasons. One, they encourage you when you feel like you haven't had any growth over a certain period of time....and two, they remind you from how far you've come.

I'd completely supressed how bad my edges were at the start of my HHJ until I started going through old pics. My edges were never full and bushy(part genetics, mostly bad weave & braid installs :ohwell:), but the last weave I got at the start of my journey nearly obliterated them. When I took out the weave in July, I was thrilled with my overall growth in terms of length retained, but also so depressed when I saw my edges and what I now know was my first "setback". I vowed then to nurse them back to health.

I immediately dove into researching the archives for remedies and advice. Here's what I've done over the last 5-6 months:

July-September: castor oil applied nightly to edges
September-December: Neosporin mixed with castor oil nightly
December-Now: Sulfur oil mix applied to my edges every other night (my oil mix includes castor oil :yep:)

My edges are not exactly where I want them to be quite yet, but I am happy with the progress. I hope this inspires someone :wink2:

EARLY JUNE 2010- BEFORE THE WEAVE INSTALL

LATE JULY 2010- AFTER WEAVE TAKE-DOWN :crying3:

MID-SEPTEMBER 2010- A LITTLE BIT OF PROGRESS....

DECEMBER 2010- MORE PROGRESS....

NOW- JANUARY 2011

CrownCola

Nice! The speed of the progression is what motivates me.
Did the damage affect any other areas?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Long Hair Care Forum App

bride91501

Nice! The speed of the progression is what motivates me.
Did the damage affect any other areas?

You would think so, right? But nope, just the edges. I guess that was sort of a blessing now that I think more about it.

I got a full head sew in, and although it wasn't braided extremely tight, I should have had her leave my edges out knowing how sensitive they are. If I ever get another weave I'll definitely know better.

CrownCola

You would think so, right? But nope, just the edges. I guess that was sort of a blessing now that I think more about it.

I got a full head sew in, and although it wasn't braided extremely tight, I should have had her leave my edges out knowing how sensitive they are. If I ever get another weave I'll definitely know better.

Blessing is right. I'm still trying to get over some thinning/breakage experienced from overly tight braids with my last sew-in. :nono:
Learning to do them myself now.

Congrats again on the comeback, :lol: I see I'm definitely looking into sulfur this year, its associated with so much progress.

ycj1

Wonderful progress, I too wear braid extnetions but I am on a break from them for another month or so and am trying to let my hair breathe and not compete with the tension they cause. Castor oil and sulfur is something I swear by. Keep it up girl. Good job and good for you!:grin:

Ms_CoCo37

I can definitely see a difference! Congrats! All of your hard work and TLC is paying off.:yep:

Your pix are definitely an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your reggie with us!

bride91501

Blessing is right. I'm still trying to get over some thinning/breakage experienced from overly tight braids with my last sew-in. :nono:
Learning to do them myself now.

Congrats again on the comeback, :lol: I see I'm definitely looking into sulfur this year, its associated with so much progress.

As much as I'm liking the overall progress I'm getting from the sulfur mix, I think what was most effective was the neosporin/castor oil mix. Check the September and Decmber photos for proof. I only used that blend during that timeframe.

manter26

Great progress! I have an area of hair that I need to grow, so I'll look into a neosporin/ castor oil mix. I'm currently using just castor oil and haven't noticed any progress at all.