Growth Update! 2/20/04

Melaninme

Hello ladies!

I've made a few new updates and I wanted to share.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your advice and experience with flaxseed oil and MSM. I'm currently taking VS MSM powder, GNC Ultranourishair, and flaxseed oil daily. I've been taking them for two, going on three months now. I can't say that these supplements have increased my growth rate, but I have noticed improvement in my hair's condition of its new growth compared to the older hair. My new growth is softer, shinier and appears to be stronger. Not that it wasn't these things before, it's just that it's better now. I love how my new growth feels when I wash my hair. It's like silk almost. I love touching it. These three supplements are keepers for me. I may change to GNC's HSN, once I'm done with my Ultranourishair, since it contains more biotin.

I guess the only downside, that I'm now trying to turn into an upside, is the small set back I had last month. I had breakouts, that were probably due to the MSM, so I had a facial done on last month to help correct this and recently purchased a home facial sauna to help maintain the condition of my skin after the professional facial. I know, I know...I should have listened to all of the advice about the water intake needed when taking MSM. I now dring 8 - 10 glasses a day. Hopefully that will be enough.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my accomplishment with you all.

Take care,

Asha

LisaG

Asha glad to hear that your combo has been working for you. I tried to boost my MSM and got awful bumps under chin. I think that maybe I over did it from 1500mgs to 3000mgs. I will try to take 3000mgs on the Sat. and Sun. and see what happens. Boost up my water intake. And as soon as my Ultra EPO has finished I will switching to the flax seed oil. How much of it are you taking?

moneychaser

The biotin in the HSN may also be the culprit. Biotin caused awful breakouts on my skin. I recently recovered from it with the assistance of EVOO, thanks candy!

Melaninme

[ QUOTE ]
LisaG said:
Asha glad to hear that your combo has been working for you. I tried to boost my MSM and got awful bumps under chin. I think that maybe I over did it from 1500mgs to 3000mgs. I will try to take 3000mgs on the Sat. and Sun. and see what happens. Boost up my water intake. And as soon as my Ultra EPO has finished I will switching to the flax seed oil. How much of it are you taking?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lisa. I'm currently taking 1 Tablespoon of the liquid flaxseed oil daily. I broke out along my lower cheeks/jawline area.

Melaninme

Thanks for the tip! What is EVOO?

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
The biotin in the HSN may also be the culprit. Biotin caused awful breakouts on my skin. I recently recovered from it with the assistance of EVOO, thanks candy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Melaninme

Thank you! Yes, it's very thick! Sometimes, it seems too thick, especially when I don't feel like doing anything to it. LOL!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
BTW, I LOVE your hair! It is so THICK!

[/ QUOTE ]

Melaninme

Make sure that you are not cutting and pasting it. I've heard others who have had problems obtaining access using this method. Also, key it in exactly how it's shown in the signature.

HTH!

Take care!

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Can't see your pics asha. Like army said, the password isn't accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Armyqt

asha, your hair is progresiing nicely. I love the layers too. Girl you got the best of both worlds. You go girl

balleryna

Thanks for the growth update and glad it's good news! And keep that water coming! It does make a diffference.

Oh and glad you got to pamper yourself with a girl day too!

LisaG

[ QUOTE ]
Asha97 said:
Thanks for the tip! What is EVOO?

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok now that I know that EVOO means extra virgin olive oil
what do I do with it? TIA

soslychic

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Full and thick and healthy and lovely.

So how did you get the straight look? Rollerset? Blow dry? Hot comb? Flat iron? Combinations

pookeylou

Stunning, brilliant, exceptional hair. My goal, my inspiration, my dream...thanks for giving us hope and the reality of how beautiful natural hair is.