Is It safe for my 17-year daughter to take pills like Biotin, etc?

Honey6928215

My 17-year-old daughter wants to take vitamins for overall health including hair, skin and nails. She took GNC Ultranourishair with great results but she want to take vitamins that will increase her hair growth...like she really needs it. Her hair is at her shoulder blade and is very thick.

I thought she should take a multivitamin like Centrium. I don't want her to take supplements like MSM, Biotin, and stuff like that. Not yet anyway.

What's the best multivitamin for a teenager to take? She ran out of GNC Ultranourishair and she wants to buy some more. If you have teenaged daughters what are they taking for overall health?

Thanks.

Ashee

I think GNC has vitamin supplements labeled for teens...
But the Biotins should be good for her if used with caution & not taken to the point that she saturates her system with them...
That would go for any & all supplements :look:

Honey6928215

Ashee said:
I think GNC has vitamin supplements labeled for teens...
But the Biotins should be good for her if used with caution & not taken to the point that she saturates her system with them...
That would go for any & all supplements :look:

I don't want her to take the Biotin. I want her to wait a few years. She took GNC's Ultrarnourishair and that's it. I want her to take a multivitamin, too.

Jewell

Not sure...most of my supplements like EPO and Brewer's Yeast say for 18 and older...biotin should be okay though.

Ashee

The GNC is somewhat of a multivitamin itself.. It has most of the things one needs per day.
I take Thick Hair Shake as my liquid Multi-Vitamin and it takes good with milk, Chocolate milk, Chocolate Silk Soy Milk, & even orange juice....
It's been pretty good for me so that I'm not popping so many pills...
This is very much loaded with Vitamins & Minerals...

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Honey6928215 said:
I agree. What multi would you suggest. The only one I know is Centrium.

I forgot the name but I have seen one that was targeted for teen girls. It's in the vitamin aisle in Wally World (Wal-Mart).

WesternEyes

I've been taking hair vitamins since I was 19 and it was fine. Personally, I think UltraNourishHair is too much for my system, I like the regular NourishHair.

Ashee said:
The GNC is somewhat of a multivitamin itself.. It has most of the things one needs per day.
I take Thick Hair Shake as my liquid Multi-Vitamin and it takes good with milk, Chocolate milk, Chocolate Silk Soy Milk, & even orange juice....
It's been pretty good for me so that I'm not popping so many pills...
This is very much loaded with Vitamins & Minerals...

What about anti DHT pills? Has any one taken a specific pills??