GNC Ultranourish hair users...

hOnii

what dosages do you take it? today i took this for the first time and got dizzy and lightheaded. it was terrible! the pills are pretty big... i know it says to take 2 a day, so do you take 2 at a time, or take 1 then later take the other?

tryn2growmyhair

I got so sick taking this that I had to lie down. It is very strong. It is an incomplete multivitamin, so I thought that I would take another multivatim with it. Did not work. When the guy at GNC explained that it was an incomplete multivitamin, I decided to keep taking my own multivitamin and take MSM along with that and Naturemade Super B complex and that has worked out better for me.

bluediamond0829

Im noticing that i am allergic to anything with Niacin or Horsetail in it...with horsetail i start itching and with Niacin in it my skin starts feeling as if it is crawling and itching...i took the pills(ultra nourish hair) with no problem at all even though they wer big....but i was so busy checking the ingredients for horsetail that i missed over the niacin...i thought it was an allergic reaction to the pollen but now that im thinking of it it may have been from the niacin in it...so im going back to basics prenatal vitamins with no niacin or horsetail in it...vitamin e..and biotin...and MSM(maybe)....

carletta

I take them w/ no problems ON THE DIGESTIVE SIDE. I was taking them 2 at one time, but I noticed that my face would breakout when I did this, so....I'm taking just one per meal "breafast" & "dinner" now.....no outbreak! AND HAIR IS GROWING BETTER :D !!!!

Ashee

hOnii said:
what dosages do you take it? today i took this for the first time and got dizzy and lightheaded. it was terrible! the pills are pretty big... i know it says to take 2 a day, so do you take 2 at a time, or take 1 then later take the other?

I only took one at a time...
They're still looking at me & I'm looking at them... I have a big issue with swallowing horse pills... :look:
Are you eating with it? :ohwell:

Last edited:

Lorraine

hOnii said:

Hey Honii :wave: I felt the same way the first day. Only take them on a full stomach. I take both of them after lunch or in the evening. They really work. In fact, I need to get some more. :lol:

Dolapo

i take hair, skin and nails and it also says to take 2 a day. I only take one...i dont exactly enjoy taking pills. and my hair isnt growing. i'll go back to taking my 5000mcg biotin and multi

Crystalicequeen123

I USED to take GNC UltraNourishair vitamins, but the pills were SO big to me, and they STANK! I didn't like the smell of them at all. :( I made the mistake one time of taking Ultranourishair tablets with GNC biotin pills. OMG...my stomach hurt so bad for 2 days!!

I have officially STOPPED taking the GNC Ultranourishair horse pills. NOW I take Women's GNC Biotin pills (2500 mcg), with a multivitamin pill (Women's one-a-day tablets) and I find this to be working great! I only have to take one each one time a day, plus the pills are MUCH smaller! lol

Just one question...what exactly DOES biotin do?? Does it make your hair grow faster?? Or make it stronger?? All I know is that I'm seeing GREAT results in my nails from taking the biotin (one pill) everyday. I never got this result when I was taking just the ultranourishair pills. I figure that if my nails are growing, then my hair MUST be growing too right?? When I get my relaxer touch up today, I'll be able to see if my hair has benefited from these biotin pills.

Kimberly

Ultranourishhair made my scalp feel like it was crawling. I never thought it meant an allergic reaction to the ingredients, I thought it meant my hair was growing. A co-worker had turned me on to them and she had told me to kind of expect that. For me, though, I preferred the GNC Hair, Nail, and Skin vitamins. I don't have any problems taking pills and can usually take mine 4 and 5 at a time.

luvSLave

I've never had a problem swallowing pills so the size hasn't been an issue for me. I take one pill, twice a day, usually at 9 and 9. Because of the times I hardly ever take them with food and I've never had a stomach problem. My face did break out a little in the beginning, but between drinking more water and my body just getting use to it, it cleared up and hasn't been an issue since.

Jewell

Honii...I DO NOT take the recommended dosage of 2 a day. I only take one of them because I also take Centrum Multi, and I don't want to overload. I haven't had any adverse effects from it. I don't have a problem swallowing pills because I've had to take medicine a lot. Plus, my flaxseed oil softgels are just as big as the GNC caplets. I've been taking them everyday for a month, and I've gotten used to it. I ALWAYS take it with breakfast or lunch, along with some of my other supplements. My calcium and Centrum I take at dinner, and my folic acid (for anemia) I have to take 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals.

Last edited:

bluediamond0829

Kimberly said:
Ultranourishhair made my scalp feel like it was crawling. I never thought it meant an allergic reaction to the ingredients, I thought it meant my hair was growing. A co-worker had turned me on to them and she had told me to kind of expect that. For me, though, I preferred the GNC Hair, Nail, and Skin vitamins. I don't have any problems taking pills and can usually take mine 4 and 5 at a time.
at least it was ur scalp my skin feels as if it is crawling....i went and talked to someone at gnc and they said that maybe that im having an allergic reaction to the niacin and tht the only way that i can miss the niacin is just by taking each pill like example a biotin, a msm, a vit e, since that is was is made up in ultranourishhair...and then another thing is that even though it is in small dosage for the niacin that i maybe over doing it with taking a prenatal vitamin and the ultranourishhair....well at least i know that im somewhat not alone on this reaction....

carmend

I just started taking them today. Im planning to take 2/day. One at breakfast and one at lunch. I used to take GNC's prenatals (same dosage schedule) but started using these since they have stuff specifically for hair like MSM and amino acids, etc... B/c of my experience w/the prenatals I already knew NOT to take them on an empty stomache. I took the prenatals before eating one time and it was a nightmare. AND I was pregnant so I had the double dose of nauseua (sp?). I have experienced the scalp itching thing w/other products w/horestail so Im expecting that now...

Bluediamond, if you are taking ultra nourish and prenatals I would say that you are over doing it. Alot of the vits are the same so you would be way over the normal dosage for most of them...

BrwnSugaBabee

I have been taking them for almost a month now. I did get the allergic reaction you all are talking about. I felt really hot, broke out and felt like my scalp was itching :perplexed . I read on Motowngirl's website, motowngirl.com
that These are normal reactions when you first start taking the pills and that these symptoms mean your body is detoxifying. Well since I am vain about my hair I decided to keep taking the pills to see what happened :lol: . After about 3-4 days all of the uncomfortable symptoms disappeared. I have worked my way up to taking two at a time, but always on a full stomach. And I have to admit my hair is loving this stuff, It growing in finer, and faster! I will def go and pick up some more. Another plus is that my nails are growing, and i mean for the first time in my life i actually have nails that I didnt pay for :lachen: !! I'm loving it! HTH