Crushing Hair Vitamins

monawalker

Does anyone do this. I currently take:

1)GNC Ultranorishair
2)GNC Women Multivitamin
3)Bition

I crush all these pills with my pill crusher.lol. i have a phobia for swallowing pills whole.

Do you guys think the pills will not be as affective. Will i see less results etc.

Thanks in advance

Nonie

I agree with Hairlove that the pills ought to be just as effective crushed as when swallowed whole. If you've poor digestion, crushed might even be better for you.
The only vits that I think should not be crushed are "time-released" vits. I imagine these are made to be slow-dissolving so that they are assimilated into your blood over a long period of time. That way, your body doesn't get swamped with more than it needs at a time. (Water-soluble vits just get flushed out the body if they are in excess which is wasteful, hence the reason for time-released vits.)

FIRESTARTER

**bumping**

Anyone know if crused vitamins will allow for more absorption into the body?:)

Last edited:

brownsugar9999

MissTrina said:
**bumping**

Anyone know if crused vitamins will allow for more absorption into the body?:)
Not necessarrily. Unless they are coated for GI protection (in which if that's the case you SHOULD NOT be crusshing them) the gastric acids in your body will break down the crushed substances and absorb only what you can use. The rest, as Nonie so eloquebtly put, will be excreted through uric acid (turned into urine) and disposed of. The only difference crushing MAY make is the rate of absorbtion...since your gastric acids have less bulk to break down, it may be absorbed QUICKER, but no more than what your body can use.

Ladylynn

goldensensation said:
I am the master pill taker. I can take 1 one a day, 2 HSNs, and some of my real medicine all in one gulp!:lachen:

Oh my, I would have a fit and think I was choking.

For the ladies who crush their vitamins, what do you take them with. Do you mix in water, applesauce, etc. I think I would take more of these if I could crush them and hide the taste.