Front ends...help

NOLA2NY

Something is wrong with my front ends.....I am truly frustrated.:perplexed

My hair is about 1-2 inches past my shoulders in the back. In the front I have this funny fringed/ layered thing going on. Not by choice but the front of my hair grows when it feels like it. the shorted length is about 1/2 inch from my chin and the rest of the front gets longer as it goes back(layered)...so here's the problems. when I look at my ends they are always a few split ends and some breakage. I try to keep a close watch out for split ends and I protein and moisture always but it seems like nothing helps. At the same time by back and middle grows like crazy and no split ends and breakage(other than normal shedding). What am I to do. At this rate my front will never reach shoulder length because I have to trim to keep it healthy and not frayed. Does anyone have a solution.. I wear my hair straight. Roller set once a week and I wrap it at night.

Have any of you ladies hd any problems maintaining front length and any solutions.Please help!

MizaniMami

Girl sounds like my front ends, they grow really slow. But they used to be seriously SHOT! Only thing that is helping me is protein treatments, trims ( which I hate because it take forever for it to grow anyways) and extra moisture there. Suunds like you are doing everything right. Maybe you should try taking some biotin or msm to help with the growth.

CutiePie0Five

Sounds like the front of my hair too (my "bang" section). I'm always trimming there for split ends and breakage, whereas the rest of my hair grows with barely any split ends. Basically, you just have to moisturize moisturize moisturize!

NOLA2NY

Ladies thanks... Has anyone had success with protective styles..I tried MTG-ing for one week..couldn't take it because of the greasiness (if that's a word). Any ladies who have successfully gone from choppy fronts to helathy length please help...what's you regime..anything..anyone please...the rest of us want to join you. I want a new style ...Lol!:lol:

GoGoChik

I just noticed last weekend that I have this problem too. I haven't had a trim in over 2 months, but the back of my hair has no split ends, but the bang section is getting ate up with splits. It's also shorter than my hair in the back.