Tired of these Damn Split Ends!- LONG!

Bklynqueen

Hello all,

I need a little help or suggestions here. I noticed since last summer that my hair has developed little bulbs in the ends that break off very neatly for some unknown reason. This was when my hair was natural. After another 6 months worth of chipping ends and tangling hair in the shower, I got fed up and cut 5 inches off relaxed my hair into a chin- length bob. Breaking stopped temporarily. Ok, fast forward, my hair has grown ( back shoulder legnth, front touching my neck) and has the APPEARANCE of being healthy. But while back of my hair is strong as a horse( never a split), the front of my hair is acting out. I still get the bulb; called Trichorrhexis Nodosa ( I looked it up) and the split ends and it's driving me insane! I've had a split end issue for most of my life and while it never hindered my hair growth, it is frustrating to no end! If anyone has ever had this problem, what did you do to stop it? Did you take vitamins, changed regimens? I don't blow dry or put heat in my hair except when I go to the beauty salon ,which is every 2 weeks. I don't wrap my hair with a brush, however, my beautician does and I will let her know to use a comb on my next appt.

Here is the definition of Trichorrhexis Nodosa :
"Trichorrhexis Nodosa is a swelling appears on hairshafts. Breakage occurs leaving the ends frayed (almost brush like). The condition can result from: excessive heat, exposure to hydrogen peroxide, hair dyes, alkalis, mechanical traumatism."

MissFallon

When you wrap your hair put some hollywood beauty carrot oil on the wrapped hair and put a satin scarf on. Do this every night and it should help with the split ends. Also you can get the Motions at Home Critical Protection and Repair Treatment Hairdressing and do the same thing with it. I think the Motions might work better for you. I use the carrot oil but I dont have split ends, when I did I used the Motions.

here is the website if you want to read about it:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.motionshair.com/b_MatH.cfm
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Bklynqueen

Thank you Ms. Fallon! I use the Hollywood Carrot Oil whenever I go for my salon trip and it shines my hair beautifully.
I will definately try the Motions. :)