SPLIT ENDS

shyekiera

I have really bad split ends and i know they are noticable because ppl keep getting on me about them. if i don't cut them will the split ends spread? i love the length of my hair right now, and don't want to cut it right now(even though it grows back pretty quickly). I would have to cut at least 2 inches off.

Qualitee

Yea the split will spread. Do you have thin ends? because thin ends can be mistaken for split ends.

~CurlyNikki~

I say cut them off. I've dealt with damage for the past 3 years (hair color and past heat damage) and I've been cutting a little at a time! You don't have to make a major cut, just be sure to stay on top of them.

yuriko

Honey cut em off it will do you a world of good, split ends only track up to cause more damage. I dealt with split ends, I cut a little at a time, but the damage kept tracking up. I finally clipped off 4 inches before starting my journey. After that It was much better as you can see in my siggy pic. I advice trimming your hair by yourself in sections. Damaged ends you can fix with DCing, but split ends have to go.

shyekiera

Honey cut em off it will do you a world of good, split ends only track up to cause more damage. I dealt with split ends, I cut a little at a time, but the damage kept tracking up. I finally clipped off 4 inches before starting my journey. After that It was much better as you can see in my siggy pic. I advice trimming your hair by yourself in sections. Damaged ends you can fix with DCing, but split ends have to go.

so scared to cut it by myself...

Forever in Bloom

I say cut them off. I've dealt with damage for the past 3 years (hair color and past heat damage) and I've been cutting a little at a time! You don't have to make a major cut, just be sure to stay on top of them.

I agree wholeheartedly! I'm on a search and destroy method up until the end of December. Hopefully I'll be able to get all the funky looking split ends before then, but my hair is definitely looking and feeling so much better. I have learned my lesson when it comes to taking care of my ends.

I realized that just because I'm natural, that doesn't mean that the same problems I had when I was relaxed wouldn't pop up again. I have to be even more aware because the shrinkage is a sneaky little devil (and I don't straighten my hair to find them), which means I literally have to be on point all the time in keeping my hair healthy.

yuriko

I adviced doing by yourself in sections because stylists tend to loose it when they see a lot of split ends and really cut. If you have a stylist do it, make sure you go to one that you can trust.