Frizzless Wash n Wear?

foxybronx

Anyone have success with a wash n go (relaxed) without frizz???..and without using gel? I have tried it once with fantasia ic hair polisher gel (i uploaded a pic in my album) but i don't want the hardness of gel. Any suggestions on how to achieve cute frizzfree waves? Thanks!

pink_flower

Have you tried John Freida's Dream curls? That really defines my waves after a wash. I also combine it with a taming creme(nature therapy taming creme is a popular one). There is also a thread about this somewhere, I think titled "How To's " and Tracy posted a detailed routine on how to achieve the wash n go relaxed looked. HTH

OnceUponAtime

I do wash and go in the summer. I conditioner wash everyday with John Frieda Glistening Creme defrizzing conditioner and follow with a "cocktail" of Humectress, John Frieda serum (extra strength) and oil (Proclaim or olive oil). The more wet your hair while air drying, the less frizz, which is why this is a summer hairdo only for me.

HTH

Tracy

Yup - pink-flower is absolutely correct...

LUST Taming Creme, John Frieda's Dream Curls (not the line for relaxed hair - the ordinary Frizz Ease line), and Keracare Silken Seal (or any heavy, thick serum) is the perfect combo for me for smooth, shiny, frizz free curls.

The technique is important to and is on the "how to" thread.
Good Luck!

foxybronx

Thanks pinkflower, i have bought dream curls and have used it once in the past..and for some strange reason i thought it made my hair hard..but now i am realizing i used it to touch up my curls from a braidout and i had used gel with it..so that was the hardness most likely. I will definitely try it again. I also have the john frieda ripple effect which was horrible for my hair..so i didn't give the dream curls a fair chance. Thanks for the tip!

foxybronx

Thanks Onceuponatime,
I see that john frieda must be a hit for wash n wearers! Thanks for that excellent tip on more wet your hair is the less frizz..the frizz that i get is probably due to drying my hair 80% before i put curl defining product in it but by then my hair is already frizzy. Thanks i haven't thought of that.

foxybronx

WOW thanks brickhouse, army qt, and hair love

BTW i have your fotki album in my favorites hairlove your definitely one of my hair inspirations!
i can't believe you like my braidouts! u have the most awesome ones i have ever seen

Armyqt you have gorgeous hair also..i think we might be hair twins b/c me and beana3 are...if i am not mistaken you are her other hair twin

Thanks Crystenna77 for the compliment it means to a lot to me

foxybronx

THANKS TRACY! I remember you trying to tell me before at the meet but i couldn't remember for the life of me what you did. I will check the how to thread now..i do have the john frieda dream curls and keracare silk n seal..so i might have to buy the lust taming creme (not that i need ANY more products)..Thanks girl!

Lindy

I use the Dream Curls in the summer for wash 'n go (thanks Tracy!
), and I like it. It does leave your hair somewhat hard (especially if you use a lot), but not as bad as the Ripple Effect. I think that in order for the hair to stay "curled" and not frizz up, it's gonna have some degree of "crispyness"...
If you experiment by combining it with different products (Unfrizz Taming Creme, Kiehls Silk Groom...) you will find the best combination for your hair.

buffalosoldier

I use fruit of the earth aloe very gel which is not really that hard especially if you put a finishing product over it. got2be mousse works well too. as does paul mitchell foaming pomade mixed with super sculpt.
Check out naturallycurly.com they are curly experts....

hair 3c

Lindy

Hmmm... thanks Buffalosoldier... I may have to give those products a try this summer. My goal is to perfect the "wash 'n go" this year!!

For X-mas I got a Ouidad Starter Set. I'm really looking forward to giving that a try!!

Portae

Try putting the fantasia gel on soaking wet hair. After your hair has dried completely, it will feel a bit crunchy. Pull your hair back as if you were going to put it in a ponytail. Do this a few times. This motion should help break up the crunchiness of the gel, leaving behind firm, yet soft curls. Check out my hair album for my results with the fantasia gel. I used it in the pic labeled "new haircut." Hope that helps!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Portae said:
Check out my hair album for my results with the fantasia gel. I used it in the pic labeled "new haircut." Hope that helps!

[/ QUOTE ]

Portae,
Where is your album??

Never mind; I see the link now!!

nbcgurl22

the best way to get a frizzless wash and wear that I know of is to put all my products on soaking wet hair and then use a tee shirt to wrap around my hair so that the products can soak in. I am natural so this might now work for someone who is relaxed but I HTH

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
Portae said:
Thanks for the compliment! Yes, my hair is natural. I went natural a few years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your curls are beautiful. And I LOVE the renaissance bun

Isis

I love your hair too Portae! I would like to try that Renaissance bun! It's beautiful!

This is off topic but how do you make that bun?

foxybronx

Thanks Lindy i have kiehls silk groom so i will mix that with the dream curls.

Buffalosoldier, Thanks! i have fruit of the earth aloe vera gel so i will try that too! i have a lot of experimenting to do.

Excellent suggestion Portae! the first wash n wear was my most successful and i had just rinsed my hair after coming from the pool and put ic fantasia gel on my soaking wet hair and it came out great. No more drying my hair first that's for sure. You hair is GORGEOUS!! i would kill for your texture and cut!

loverofnaps71

Portae! You are my new hair inspiration! How long have you been natural? Me? Two years in August, and I hope to get a lot of growth. Congrats!

foxybronx

Karonica we have some experimenting to do! LOL keep me posted.

Nbcgurl, awesome suggestion! a tshirt? that is creative imma give it a try.

Thanks for the compliment Isis and Spicee1t!!!

Portae

Hey guys! I've been natural since 1999, and I've loved every minute of it! It's so much fun to discover all of the cool things that you can do with your natural texture. As for the bun (that's my mom, by the way), you should check out www.dreamweaverbraiding.com. There are lots of beautiful styles on that site, along with an instructional section.