For how long will your stash sustain your hair maintenance?

How long will your stash sustain your hair maintenance?

• no length of time b/c I don't have a stash

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • up to three months

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • up to six months

Votes: 29 21.5%
  • up to a year

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • up to a year and a half

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • two years

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • three years

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • look, I am a PJ and I have products to last me for over three years!

Votes: 11 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

suburbanbushbabe

I wish I had six months salary saved up!

I have
about 4 months of conditioners
a good year of butters
6 months of gels
6 months of shampoo bar
Maybe 8-12 months of castor oil
3 months of dry hair refreshers

LovinLea

the products i have that i really like would only last me three months

all of my products, faves and non-faves, would probably last me a year, though

beans4reezy

My stash should last up to six months; space is becoming a real issue, so I am trying to use everything up before restocking anything.

Lita

My stash last from Aug 09-Aug 2010. If i do run out. (IF) Just repurchase the same item.
Happy Hair Growing!

tocktick

Not very long. I don't buy many things at a time, I buy more once I've used them up. My shampoo is the only thing that will last more than 2 months without needing to be replaced. DC and conditioner are gone within 1-2 weeks now since I stepped up moisture. Castor oil is finished in about 3-4 weeks. My hair is very thick, so I use a lot of product.

Last edited:

Ms_CoCo37

I'm such a pj! I have an armoire and bathroom cabinet full of hair products...and for some reason, it STILL doesn't stop me from trying something new.:perplexed

At some point, I need to take inventory to see what I have. :yep:

hothair

I'd have to say 6 months. I've been really good this year the PJ in me has been :jail: so I still have stuff left for up to 6 months as opposed to 2+ years when I came on here.

anon123

Maybe 2 months. I will run out of my standard conditioner (V05) in a few weeks. I only buy 1 bottle at a time.

Ozma

I voted up to 6 months

Cowashing-10 V05 Moisture Milks
Strengthening-1000 grams of henna, 2 boxes of Shikakai Powder
Cleansing/Clarifying-6 shampoo bars, Aritha powder, Neem Powder, 1 bottle ACV
Deep Conditioners-3 ORS Replenishing Paks, 1 Sitrinillah, 1 Elasta DPR-11+, 1 Yes to carrots Mud Mask, 1/2 jar Miss Key 10 en 1, 1/2 jar Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
Leave-in-1 Vegetable Glycerine, 1 1/2 HairVeda Whipped Ends Cream
(I mix these with oils+water for a spray on, so they last a long time), 1 HairVeda Whipped Gelly, 1 Aussie Hair Insurance
Oils-2 Amla, 1 CoCasta, 2 Vatika, 1 JBCO, 1/4 lb Raw Shea Butter

It's sad that as I type this, I'm thinking about buying more stuff:sad:

Last edited:

JenBenCal

I voted for up to three months. I am BROKE right now, and therefore could easily see myself not purchasing anymore hair products until I absolutely HAVE to. My "stash" is probably going to run dry in about that time so, hopefully my paychecks will be good to me. It wouldn't be so bad if textbooks weren't so expensive!

Jewell

I voted at least 3 years. My main products will only last about 6 mos (with consistent use), but as far as the total stash, I have enough shampoo and conditioner (various sets and brands) to last me about 3 years. I don't use shampoo often and in winter wash only about every 2-3 weeks sometimes. I also have body products in the stash like lotions, powders, body mist/splash. That would last me about 2 years. Its just stuff I've held onto after buying, I'm no longer constantly shopping. This is all stuff leftover from my PJ days (circa 2005-2007)**. I only buy as it runs out, and I first check to see if I have some in the stash, or a similar product to use before heading to the store.

**ETA: yes, its still good to use. I don't pay attention to that crap about shampoo/lotion having a certain shelf life. Soap is soap.

Last edited:

beans4reezy

I started my hair care journey a year ago and if you look into my closet now, the shelf is so full of conditioners, moisturizers and poo's...I could go another 6 to 12 months before restocking. And yet, there's more I need to buy!!

Lovestyr

My hair stash is just enough for perhaps four months of hair maintenance.

I have to buy my hair oils a little more frequently but other than that everything is okay.:spinning:

GabbanaGirl

I voted for up to three months. I had a stash something crazy of random conditioners, shampoo's etc...but have found my little staples so I intend to stay with them.

I still can't keep my behind out of Little India :lachen:, so I think it will take me three years to go through all of my Indian Oils, Powders, & Henna! I love buying oils...lol

Nasdaq_Diva

I'd say, 'up to 6 months' I say that because I have like 20 ayurvedic powders, 3 bags of Karishma, 1 box of Reshma henna, 2 shikakai bar soaps. Those (the powders) usually last me quite some time. I have like 4-5 bottles of conditioner.

I'm almost out of EVCO and I got like a half bottle of scurl and infusium.

Alot of you all would laugh at my stash..hell, it's not even a stash really lol.

ThickRoot

I voted up to a one year and a half.

Shampoo & bars - at least a year
DC's - 6-8 months
Co-Wash Condish - 6 months
Moisturizers & Butters - at least a year
Oils - 6 months
Pomades - this is ridiculous well over a year. I have oyin burnt sugar pomade, mhc sofia's old fashioned hair grease, darcy's coconut cupuacu pomade, and hv almond glaze when am i ever gonna use all that up?? I'm crazy.

But I'm primarily using spritzes cause I'm in braids all summer. So really most of this stuff is not even getting used. Ugghh, smh.

PJaye

If I don't purchase anything else as of this moment, it would take me at least two years to use up all of this stuff.

PuddingPop

I'll say about 2 years for regular products. My oils and herbs stash will take a lifetime to use up.