Shop Your Stash: Hair Edition!

Butterfly08

I finished one :look: of my bottles of Aveda Elixir! :grin: Can't remember if I posted this but I also used up one :look: of my bottles of Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate. :grin:

I am very near to using up my Redken Butter Treat. I will be sad though because I only have a small 1.7 oz back up. :ohwell: I won't let myself buy any more until I use my 1.7 oz Heavy Cream and a few more light cons that I use as leave ins. So bye bye to my precious for a while after a couple more uses. :sad:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
BUMPING....
I finished up my Carrot & Aloe Oil, by using it to seal and adding it to my DC's.
I actually had 1 1/2 tsp of Carrot & Aloe left that I used in my DC today. I also used up my Honey, IDK if I told yall that I used a jar of my Pantene Breakage Defense up but I did.:rolleyes:
and I just used the rest of one bottle of Aphogee 2 min.

Last edited:

Butterfly08

Almost done with my Aveda DR Treatment. I won't be repurchasing. I don't like heavy protein. The regular DR con is :lick: though. :yep:

LABETT

I decided to toss out products I found in a drawer that forgot I bought last year just because they were on sale :nono: No more BINGE BUYING for me this year even if they are salon products on sale for $3-5 bucks.

vkb247

Ladies, I am so late because I bypassed this thread knowing I wasn't ready.

But now that cash is short, I decided to try cones again because nearly everything in my stash has cones.

So far I have used up:

Garnier Sleek n Shine Con
Garnier Sleek n Shine Leave In
Suave Humectress
2 Garnier Fiber Putties
1 Garnier Brillance Pomade

And I've started to use up some Fantasia IC hair polish (I have a few samples of this) and an off brand HE with protein and cones. That was all today! But there wasn't a lot left in them.

Next I want to use up my Silicon Mix and I'm really thinking about doing a rollerset with Aphogee Pro Vitamin Leave-In (the bottle says its a heat protectant!) with some lottabody setting lotion.

This thread reminded me I have some henna to use up. Maybe after I run out of con I will start getting some to do some henna glosses. Off to research...

AtlantaJJ

Last night, I used Giovanni Direct Smooth as Silk shampoo, followed by a co-poo with Trader Joe's refresh. Then I did a light protein treat with Loreal Natures's Remedy's then follow up with moisture from Nature's Gate and then Elucence as my detangler / leave in.

My hair felt great with that crazy hodge podge of products! :lol:

chebaby

this sunday when i wash, this will be the end of my ojon mist. i been trying to hold on to the last little drop because i love that stuff but its $30.
but i finally tried my ubh dew and i love it so thats my replacement lol.

Butterfly08

Keep up the good work ladies!

While I am nowhere near finishing up another product, I have found a WINNER in my stash - Aveda Smooth Elements serum. This stuff is :lick:. It has helped my wet set to last 4 days and kept my hair very soft without any moisture.

Must resist the urge to buy a backup....:perplexed

TemiLnd

i am doing this also. I am currently working my way through my MTG and all shampoos that are okay. I am in braids so this is very easy.
I have a lot of conditioners that will have to wiat till Im out of braids.
My target is to have just the products I use and actually like by graudation in May. So at the moment, I am not buying any new products whatsoever!!!! I will just make a list of what I would like to try in the future and look into samples from now on.

LABETT

I am still enjoying shopping my stash and only replacing staple products.
I found lot of goodies at the bottom of my stash even bottles of SURGE,I was so excited because this product really worked on my hair.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Today is wash day, hope to use up some stuff. I will be back to update you ladies if anything changes.
TemiLnd, I am trying to use up my MTG too and these dang vits.

MA2010

Out with the old...........

NTM DC Masque: DONE
NTM Daily Deep Conditioner: DONE
Hairveda Strinillah DC: DONE
ORS Mayo Protien Conditioner: 5% left
Elasta QP Mango Butter: 5% left

I'm clearing products out left and right ladies!!!!

New Purchase for $2.72- Aussie Moist Conditioner

chebaby

done with one jar of sitrinilla deep conditioner
done with one jar of carols daughter black vanilla smoothie

LABETT

I am back on the co-washing bandwagon and enjoying having so many conditoners to choose from,plus I have used up 10 bottles in 2 weeks.
I may start mixing some of my deep conditioners together along with oils soon.

chebaby

i used my myhoneychild conditioners and i think i love them so theres another conditioner that i will be using up.

Butterfly08

Finally used up my Butter Treat! My Chi is holding on, I think I will use it up for sure tonight.

Manushka your hair is growing!

SunnyDelight

I've been sleeping on this thread. I have so many old products to use up. It is always fun to actually throw away an empty bottle. I'm joining in your fun ladies.

morehairplease

I've been sleeping on this thread. I have so many old products to use up. It is always fun to actually throw away an empty bottle. I'm joining in your fun ladies.

co-signing. I have been doing this since seeing the thread for the first time a week or so ago. I actually finished & repurchased a moisturizer that I had in my stash and felt great. I joined the cw challenge to use up the ton of conditioner I purchased last year and never finished using.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I have used up my CFCG next is the Hawaiian 14n1....
I have been mixing it with water and spraying it on my braids a couple of times a days. It feels really refreshing.

Butterfly08

I used up one of my Chi Silk Infusions! :grin: I am half way done with my 2nd bottle of Aveda nourishing concentrate. Also I have one more use of my Joico Intense moisturizer and Aveda Damage Remedy poo. :up:

The month is almost over and so is this challenge! :sad: I'm going to keep it up and I don't see myself buying much of anything (except one more flat iron and some more Chi silk) for the rest of the year. :look:

MA2010

I whipped out my Hairveda Whipped Mousse and Cocasta/Shikaikai oil today! Gave my hair a nice sheen!

LABETT

I am using up a lot of my oils by adding to conditioners and hot oil treatments.
I have stuck to my guns and only repurchasing staple items,found 32oz of Con Green Label Shampoo for 8 bucks and Chic Silk Imfusion kit with Iron Guard Heat Protectant,6 and 3 oz size of Silk Imfusion at JC Penny for 23.99.

MA2010

I used some of my Organics Olive Oil Deep Conditioner; which was catching dust in my PJ bin. This conditioner made my NG soft and easy to detangle.

Whipping it out more often now.

Butterfly08

Hey guys, there's a new challenge........No Buy Bootcamp or something like that. Let's support that one now if you want to keep this up.

My reward was a facial but unfortunately with my recent housing emergency I've halted all unnecessary services/purchases. Good job everyone with reducing your spending and using products from your stash. :up: