Folx running their mouth during service

firecracker

I visited a church yesterday. Their was these two grown women that were talking about personal nonsense like 80% of the service. I finally had enough after looking back at them several times. I could barely hear the sermon or announcement due to their cackling. I got up to move seats. The usher asked why I wanted to move this late in the service I stated "they won't shut their mouths". Could ya'll believe the moment the statement came out of my mouth the church just happened to get quiet? :lol: The pastor sorta called them out for showing out in front of company. Those ladies gave me the evil eye after service. Was I wrong for finally moving after an hour of their cackling?

I don't think you were in the wrong. I for one can't stand sitting beside people who want to carry on a conversation with me while I'm trying to listen. If my hair's not on fire or you have a medical emergency, don't bother me with some triflin' crap that can wait until after the service.

latia said:
I visited a church yesterday. Their was these two grown women that were talking about personal nonsense like 80% of the service. I finally had enough after looking back at them several times. I could barely hear the sermon or announcement due to their cackling. I got up to move seats. The usher asked why I wanted to move this late in the service I stated "they won't shut their mouths". Could ya'll believe the moment the statement came out of my mouth the church just happened to get quiet? :lol: The pastor sorta called them out for showing out in front of company. Those ladies gave me the evil eye after service. Was I wrong for finally moving after an hour of their cackling?

No you were not wrong but doesnt it always happen that way with the room getting quiet during times like that? :lol:

Naw, you weren't wrong, but I would have moved long before.

CACKLING! HA! :)

I went to church yesterday, too... YEA ME! :)

Of course you weren't wrong for moving. You didn't go to church to listen to them. They should know better!

Thanks ladies. I felt kind of bad cuz the Pastor called them out. I did plan on visiting again because I enjoyed the last 20 minutes of the sermon.

latia said:
Thanks ladies. I felt kind of bad cuz the Pastor called them out. I did plan on visiting again because I enjoyed the last 20 minutes of the sermon.

They should know better as Supergirl said, and that's why the pastor called them out. I'm sure it's been DONE before.

Go back. Don't let the CACKLERS keep you away :)

Back