Oprah & Tyler Guests at Lakewood Service

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I'm over 40 (not old at all), I just can't see myself in a Tee with those words emblazoned across my church ...sorry, I meant CHEST (I left it cause it makes a good laugh)

I'm over 40 too... and I keep my 'church' (ummm, chest :blush: ) blank under a vest or a jacket. :lol:

NaturallySweet73

Originally Posted by Iwanthealthyhair67
may I ask you a question, how many ways, paths, roads are there to God?
How does that relate to the post you quoted?

I'm thinking the reason why she (Iwanthealthyhair67) said this, is because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NizojZIX7Aw&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5ILOsHLnw&feature=related

John 14:6

King James Version (KJV)

6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Galations 1:8

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Oprah may be a humanitarian, inspirational etc, but what she promotes is new age ideology and pagan worship.

Last edited:

NaturallySweet73

Originally Posted by Alicialynn86
My point was is that I'm tired of these churches putting certain people on a pedalstool when they have no kind of lifestyle or reverance towards God. Just because they say "Jesus" dont mean its any devotion there. They see the movies Tyler Perry makes with cursing, lewdness and everything else, then they wanna come have him sit on the first row. YES he can come church, but dont give him any glory because his life dont glorify God. Oprah as well, she has a potty mouth, she been with Stedman for years with No marriage, she even said she dont believe in marriage and I'm not Bo-Bo the fool to believe their is no sexual relation there when they live together. So am I here to say they cant go to church? Of course not, we ALL need to go. But what Im saying is why do these church leaders give the people praise and put them on a high horse??? All that does is confuse their congregation and people into thinking this lifestyle is acceptable...and its not...

How does that relate to the post you quoted?

Oh the irony of the statement in bold...

Unless you are in Oprah's bedroom, you have no idea what is going on between the two of them. In fact, Oprah has been seen less and less with Stedman over the years.

So much could be said, but I will give you a scripture: Romans 10:16, which says "Let not then your good be evil spoken of:"

Those who know the Lord are conscience that they shouldn't be living with there boyfriend, whether there is or isn't sex. The vary appearance is sinful in it self.

Also, those who truly know God aim to follow His standard and not there own. Just that action is enough to deduct that she doesnt know God at all. Another scripture is Matthew 7:20 "ye shall know them by there fruits". If the fruits are rotten, meaning there behavior that is seen, and doesn't reflect the actions of a true believer, Christians are commanded to pay attention to that and steer clear if that person professes that they belong to God and walk in sin.

Oprah and Tylor's fruits are bad :nono: and for a ministry to promote them is evil. That is what I got from the comment and I see what was behind it and agree whole heartedly.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Nawww... wasn't looking for serious answer.. lol... was toggling between the two thread earlier.. Sowwy :lol:

I dont know if @Laela was looking for a serious answer but I fell out. Anyway, it looks like we are combining two different threads. lol

I think I will start posting my outfits to see if you guys think it is 'Church gurl' stuff. :lol:

chicacanella

and so is LOA and vision boards bible based... when truth an error is mixed, it brings forth deception

that's how the very elect are deceived

I believe that there are solid spiritual truths or laws just as there are solid physical laws. The law of gravity, laws of motion and that unless something spiritual prohibited the latter, it is automatic condition of living on earth. The spiritual and physical laws IMO would be, "God is not mocked a man shall reap what he sows...Galatians. Another spiritual law or maybe it isn't a law is found in Proverbs when it says in PRoverbs 18:21, "The tongue has the power." This is true and it applies to both the saved and unsaved BUT I am not in agreement with the LOA because it basically twists and takes part truth and fullness of scripture. It does not even use scripture.

Yes, words are powerful and we can do certain actions to receive the outcome we desire. But, where is God in this law of attraction? It basically takes God out and says, "If you do x, y, z, then you are bound to receive this that, and that." What about the fact that sometimes, humans just get tired and what a grand notion, may not feel like sending the perfect resume or slip and not say the most perfect loa answer? then what? Since they have taken God out there is not recourse, you can't even come to him because you didn't involve him in the first place. The LOA is very misleading because you have people out here thinking that if they follow it, they are bound to get what they want. There could be someone under a curse, or other things spiritually that prevent them from reaching their goals like having an upright heart before God but with LOA, it's like, "None of that matters, here is our twisted new-age recipe for success."

chicacanella

Joel, Oprah and Tyler. No power, no annointing and no believers. not surprised

That's how I would think Joel Olsteen's church is, no annointing, no real presence of God. You know how you go to some churches and can't feel God's presence? That's crazy. But some churches aren't God-approved. It's like Brian Carn said, "God is the only one that will fire you and let you still keep working." Some pastors, evangelists are fired and the annointing has lifted and they don't even know. What's even worse, is that their congregation doesn't know.

Rainbow Dash

That's how I would think Joel Olsteen's church is, no annointing, no real presence of God. You know how you go to some churches and can't feel God's presence? That's crazy. But some churches aren't God-approved. It's like Brian Carn said, "God is the only one that will fire you and let you still keep working." Some pastors, evangelists are fired and the annointing has lifted and they don't even know. What's even worse, is that their congregation doesn't know.

So true. They are blinded by the praise of people and pride. Crowds don't mean nothing if God is not in it. Look at how Saul was rejected as King beause of his disobedience to God's word. He yielded to disobedience because he feared people more than God. He wanted to be approved by man and it cost Him. And he tried to fix it but it was too late.

Saul was rejected as king but he was still in position as King. The Spirit of God had departed from him, yet he was still sitting on his throne. God had already moved on.

1 Samuel 15

Saul saw now how great was the harm that he had done, and he said, "I have sinned in not obeying God's word; but I was afraid of the people, and yielded to them.