Flexi 8 Hair Clips

Catina72

How did I miss this thread originally??:( Well, I just ordered one in medium, thanks DLewis!!! I can't wait to make my ponytails, and french rolls look so elegant now:grin: .

dlewis

Catina72 said:
How did I miss this thread originally??:( Well, I just ordered one in medium, thanks DLewis!!! I can't wait to make my ponytails, and french rolls look so elegant now:grin: .

You're gonna loves these.

Lavendar

I can't believe y'all brought this back up and got me itching to buy more. Trimbride shame on you for making me want one with some little dangly things. Who did this? Letitia, was that you?:lol:

dlewis

Catina72 said:
Hey D, how u doing??;) :D

Still sick but better. I'm back at work. They called so much when I was at home I decided it's prob best to come on in. When I got here my boss said I would have to learn to delegate work to others and/or teach someone else what I do because his business can't shut down when I'm not here.:lol: (he said that nicely or course)

dlewis

Lavendar said:
I can't believe y'all brought this back up and got me itching to buy more. Trimbride shame on you for making me want one with some little dangly things. Who did this? Letitia, was that you?:lol:

I'm thinking about getting the dangly one also. It's very pretty.

Tee

dlewis said:
I'm thinking about ordering the ex-large. Anyone have one? How thick is your hair?

You know I have a few of them. (and you know my hair is thick!) I have only used it to cover my buns from time to time. It works out very well. :up:

Tee

Lavendar said:

Not I .....this time.:p

dlewis

Letitia said:
You know I have a few of them. (and you know my hair is thick!) I have only used it to cover my buns from time to time. It works out very well. :up:

I see Chichelle has one and it looks big. I think I need to order one.

ChoKitty

I just did that with one of my pins and an ouchless hair band. The clipies you press on the end to open them (I THINK they are called banana clips..) and then the hairband was in place of the flexi band..

Cichelle

dlewis said:
I see Chichelle has one and it looks big. I think I need to order one.

I went back and forth in my head about what size to get. I decided on the extra large because I knew I would want to use it for updos that included all my hair...like buns. My claw clip that is supposed to be for thick hair is not so effective in holding my hair up anymore. So I took a chance on the XL. Also, I originally learned about the flexi-8 on another hair care forum and I sort of followed what size other people over there with a similar amount of hair were buying. I want to get a smaller size for half ups and things like that, though. I like the one in your fotki.

Tee

alexstin said:
I'm itching to order a large one. The medium isn't working too well for ponytails.

So off topic...your hair is darn pretty!!! I think a large will work great for you hair. I used a large on the pic in my fotki. :yep:

alexstin

Letitia said:
So off topic...your hair is darn pretty!!! I think a large will work great for you hair. I used a large on the pic in my fotki. :yep:

Thanks, Letitia! DH relaxed my hair the other day and I did a braidout. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was difficult to get the flexi around my ponytail without it being too tight.:)

Tee

alexstin said:
Thanks, Letitia! DH relaxed my hair the other day and I did a braidout. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was difficult to get the flexi around my ponytail without it being too tight.:)

Go DH!!! It's just beautiful. I couldnt even read your post for looking at your hair. :lol: Let me know how the large work out!

Lavendar

alexstin said:

Alexstin, I'm with Tee! That hair is looking gorgeous! Your progress is inspiring! Go on girl!:)

dlewis

alexstin said:

Your husband is a keeper. He did a wondeful job. WOW!

alexstin

Awww, thanks ladies!:) I had a very bad salon experience a year ago and I said goodbye to stylists. DH was very adamant about not doing my hair but I wore him down. This is the third relaxer he's given and the best one yet. It was sooooo funny, he was smoothing it like a mad man because he said he was SICK of seeing newgrowth(I stretch for 18 weeks).:lachen:

I told him he just needs to do it for about 4 years or so then he can train my oldest daughter and she'll take over. Then we'll train her little sister when she becomes of age. I got it all worked out for me and my girls.:)

dlewis

alexstin said:
Awww, thanks ladies!:) I had a very bad salon experience a year ago and I said goodbye to stylists. DH was very adamant about not doing my hair but I wore him down. This is the third relaxer he's given and the best one yet. It was sooooo funny, he was smoothing it like a mad man because he said he was SICK of seeing newgrowth(I stretch for 18 weeks).:lachen:

I told him he just needs to do it for about 4 years or so then he can train my oldest daughter and she'll take over. Then we'll train her little sister when she becomes of age. I got it all worked out for me and my girls.:)

You've gotten it worked out.:lol: I can't wait until my daughter can help me with my hair.

sareca

My flexi8 just arrived and I love it! You can't even feel it... unlike that irritating claw! That's an extra-small. I also got the mini, but it has to go back. It doesn't hold more than a few strands of my hair. :lachen: Off to order more...

ETA: I thought I'd post a before flexi8 pic...

Last edited: