Flawed Beauty, how did you recover from your breakage?

pmichael52172

I sent you a PM on this but in case you're like me and don't notice it, I thought I'd post a thread.

Your pic where your hair is broken off in the back, how did it happen and how did you recover from that? Your hair now looks gorgeous! Did you snip a little at time, chop it off in one shot or what?

Part of my hair is like that in the back but not as noticable and I refuse to even my hair with a big cut. I snip a little at a time but am getting discouraged. I wear roller sets because it is not noticable but I get tempted to cut, however I'm determined to get past the shoulder.

Do tell.

FlawedBeauty

Aww thanks!!

Well when i joined i was using way too much heat on my head which caused lots of breakage. Prior to joining i was washing maybe 2x a month i think all of the product build up was also snappin my strands left and right because i have fine hair.

What really helped me was no heat, no combing, no brushing and washing almost daily. I let it grow and trimmed it for the first time last month because my right side was so much longer than my left. It's still a little off but I don't plan on cutting again until i am almost at BSL. :)

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
FB, I think we may have similar hair types and my hair is very fine like yours. My question is: What do you do with your hair after washing? You wash almost daily, right? How are keeping manipulation down?

Thanks a bunch!

SP

FlawedBeauty

Serenity_Peace said:
FB, I think we may have similar hair types and my hair is very fine like yours. My question is: What do you do with your hair after washing? You wash almost daily, right? How are keeping manipulation down?

Thanks a bunch!

SP

hi!

after i wash i blot with a towel to get most of the water out. after that i put in m moisture, which now im using Shea Aloe from hairveda, prior to this i was using ORS Olive Oil Lotion but very little cuz it can get heavy. Then i seal with oil. i use my hands to part my hair down the middle in the back and make two two-strand twists and i just let it air dry.

before bed i cover it with a satin scarf even if its still a little damp, it will usually be dry by morinin. i take of the scarf and leave it alone until night time when i was again. not the most glamorous hair style lol, but if its gonna help me retain my length i'll take it :lol: i dont ever comb or brush it, unless of course i straighten.

HERicane10

FlawedBeauty said:
hi!

after i wash Are you washing with POO daily?i blot with a towel to get most of the water out. after that i put in m moisture, which now im using Shea Aloe from hairveda, prior to this i was using ORS Olive Oil Lotion How did this compare to what you're using now?but very little cuz it can get heavy. Then i seal with oil. i use my hands to part my hair down the middle in the back and make two two-strand twists and i just let it air dry.

before bed i cover it with a satin scarf even if its still a little damp, it will usually be dry by morinin. i take of the scarf and leave it alone until night time when i was again. not the most glamorous hair style lol, but if its gonna help me retain my length i'll take it :lol: i dont ever comb or brush it, unless of course i straighten.
How often are you relaxing?

rdm

Flawed Beauty...sorry to hijack thread....your ends look great. My sister also has fine hair and I have showed her your progress to encourage her(hope you don't mind:) ).

FlawedBeauty

HERicane10 said:
How often are you relaxing?

Yes, I always use shampoo and conditioner when I was. I usually do a DC with ORS Replenish Pak 2-3 times a week as well. I will shampoo and then towel dry, put on the Pak cover with a shopping bag, and let sit anywhere form 1-3 hours.

The ORS worked well but like i said it can get heavy and to me the Shea is more moisturizing.

As far as relaxing goes i relax the front of my hair maybe every three months but i dont relax bone straight. my hair is so fine that it looks limp and very thin bone straight and i hate it...texlaxing allows me to keep a lot of my fullness when i blow dry or flat iron. i relax the back of my head maybe twice a year. i have a diff texture back there so its not as rough as it is from the crown up and if i wanna flat iron it its pretty easy to get straight, but i like to loosen up the curl.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Thanks, FB for that reply! :kiss: It was very helpful. After I relax, I am going to start doing an extra condition wash during the week. I generally wash and deep condition once a week. But since it's summer, I think I'm going to add an additional wash with conditioner. I'm trying to keep manipulation to a minimum, but I agree that frequent washes are good for the hair, and I like the idea of airdrying and keeping the ends protected as you do. I've gotten a good deal of growth from this latest stretch, but I'm at a stage (below shoulder) where I most vulnerable for breakage and shedding. So my goal is to retain length. I'm tired of wearing buns or my hair up, but I'm seeing the results of that so I'm happy.

FlawedBeauty

rdm said:
Flawed Beauty...sorry to hijack thread....your ends look great. My sister also has fine hair and I have showed her your progress to encourage her(hope you don't mind:) ).

Mind?! Ae you kidding, of course not! I am flattered :D I have always HATED my hair growin up until I joined this forum so it feels really good to be able to give someone else hope for their hair considering mine has been jacked up just about all my life :)

pmichael52172

Whoa! I come back to the thread and it's jumpin'! Thanks "Flawed" for the details. I know I'm on the right track because I've laid off on the heat tremendously. My hair is naturally fine and my problem area is not as bad as yours was - which gives me all the more confidence to hold out.

I'm saving your pics for the times I get discouraged and want to end it all with a good cut. Thanks again and I'm going to keep reading your journal entries.

Shaley

Flawed: Does the Shealoe Butter weigh your hair down? How do you use it, specifically? I recently purchased it and really want it to work for my hair, but my hair is fine like yours and not sure how to incorporate it in my regimen...Thanks In Advance :)

FlawedBeauty

Chardai said:
Flawed: Does the Shealoe Butter weigh your hair down? How do you use it, specifically? I recently purchased it and really want it to work for my hair, but my hair is fine like yours and not sure how to incorporate it in my regimen...Thanks In Advance :)

i use it on my towel dried hair but i don't use too much cause almost everything is heavy in my hair. i make my two two strand twists and coat them with the butter then i seal with oil and clip them up. i wash every day almost so i reapply like that. i dont moisturize if i skip a day of washing and my hair still feels soft and moisturized, no need because thats when stuff starts weighin on my hair even more.

WomanlyCharm

FlawedBeauty, I just wanted to say how proud I am of you...thanks to all your hard work and dedication, your hair has done a complete turnaround!
It looks fantastic! :grin: Good job girl!

shunta

WomanlyCharm said:
FlawedBeauty, I just wanted to say how proud I am of you...thanks to all your hard work and dedication, your hair has done a complete turnaround!
It looks fantastic! :grin: Good job girl!

Couldnt agree more! :yep: Your hair has done a complete turnaround!

OT: WomanlyCharm, what does that little cup by your name mean?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Thanks so much again, FB. I think I'mma take your advice about the two-strand twists and pinning them up. I hear what you're saying about not putting too much butter and being weighed down.