have you ever trimmed your hair in a rollerset?

Lilmama1011

How did it come out? Like based on how your ends look you just snip it without it being straight. Was it a disaster? Did it look a mess when hair was in straight to straightish styles

faithVA

I trim my hair by doing a rollerset. Because my hair is so curly it is the easiest way to really see what my ends look like. The first time I did it I used a small tooth comb and where the comb stopped, I snipped everything beyond that. Now I I can see what the ends look like and snip from there.

My 4 b hair is pretty straight from a rollerset. I smooth my hair and use paper to smooth the ends more.

I wouldn't do this to get a blunt cut or anything like that. I think the hair should be completely straight for that. But if you usually wear your hair in curls or in layers I think it is fine to use a rollerset to do it that way.

If you want a blunt cut I would think the best way is to have it flat ironed or at least blown out very straight and then trimmed straight across. Otherwise I think it would be unevent.

alove15

I trim my hair by setting it on ~70 curlformers and trimming 1/2 inch from each curl as I take out the curlformers. It's quick and ensures that I trim off what needs to go in order to get nicer looking ends. It looks even after I flat iron b/c I'm not trimming off much and my hair is already cut into a shape.

LoveLiLi

A stylist did this to my hair when I went to a Dominican salon.

This [insert bad word here] clipped at least half an inch off of each section as she took it out of the roller. She did not ask permission or warn me in the least. I just happened to notice when I looked in the mirror to see how the curls looked.

I ended up looking like Raggedy Ann. I would not suggest this method to anyone.

Blairx0

I dust my ends when I take down my rollers. I think it is best for my because ky natural hair is clean moisturized and stretched.

Like mentioned about I would flat iron for a major cut, but for trimming it has been working well for me the past year.

Also when i did flat iron my hair had the same shape as my last major cut back on March