Flake Fight, I think I'm winning

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!
Flake Fight, I think I\'m winning

I started treating my hair for dandruff like 2 weeks ago (4 shampoos total) with direct application of acv to my scalp. Normally, it would hurt like an astringent when it hits my scalp. I leave it on for a while, shampoo, condition and all else. After my wash and condition, I see wet flakes on my comb (very irritating) but I stuck to it.
Anyway, I sprayed it on today (should have done the wash on wednesday but ahem... got lazy) and didn't feel a thing. I even double checked to make sure I was spraying acv instead of water.
Here's the big part, after my shampoo, protein conditioning, deep-conditioning (no heat) and final dilute acv rinse, I combed and hardly saw any of those hideous flakes and my scalp is as clean as ever.
I'm dancing, I'm dancing because I'm winning the flake fight.
Forgot to mention that my fight was really against
grin.gif

Re: Flake Fight, I think I\'m winning

That's great
clap.gif
!!! I've gotta try doing this, I just started noticing little flakes and I have no idea why
mad.gif
. So you're shampooing twice a week?

Hi PrincessM,
I shampoo twice a week but it did nothing to alleviate the dandruff. I then carried out an online research and came across a website that detailed how dandruff is related to yeast or something like that and how the antiseptic/antibacterial action of acv actually puts it to flight. I'm still checking my scalp by scratching it but I hardly see any flakes.
Acv is the only clarifier I use (I'm very cheap but very grateful to acv)
smile.gif

Hi myhairsos, I too am winning the fight with flakes since finding this board. I have s dermatitis and in the winter it is terrible but I followed Adrienne tips and got prescription strenght Nizoral 2% and not the over the counter Nizoral and use Keracare hydrating detangling shampoo and finish with acv rinse and no more flakes.
smile.gif

I have never use the acv rinse I will have to try it.
I use Nizoral 2% prescription strenght before joining the
board and evvo.

Labett,
This works so well. You ought to notice a difference after just two applications of acv.
Brickhouse, congratulations on winning the flake fight. It's so wonderful not to notice flakes
clap.gif
bdance.gif

myhairloss are you putting straight acv to your scalp or are you doing a acv rinse before and after shampooing?

Myhairsos,

If you are referring to using the ACV without diluting it with water then I will have to agree with you. I did this about a week ago with my young daughter, whose scalp was very flaky and I could tell the difference immediately after I finished washing her hair. I washed her hair in the tub before I gave her a bath and I didn't have anything to pour the vinegar in to dilute it so I poured some vinegar in my hand straight from the bottle and put it directly on her hair (after I rinsed out the conditioner) and I couldn't believe how soft her hair was. After I finished towel drying her hair I put some Wildgrowth oil and a leave in conditioner on it and I couldn't believe the difference in her scalp. It was so shiny! Her father even commented on the difference.

I just relaxed my hair so it's not time for me to wash it yet but when I do I will try this method and see how it turns out. I've been doing the ACV rinse with the diluted vinegar and have gotten ok results but I want to see if I will get different results when I do it without diluting the vinegar. I'll keep you all posted.

[ QUOTE ]
Lisa said:
myhairloss are you putting straight acv to your scalp or are you doing a acv rinse before and after shampooing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lisa
wave.gif
, I hope that wasn't a freaudian slip
grin.gif
I'm hoping to go from myhairsos to myhairsohealthy
drunk.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
drunk.gif

In answer to the question, I do use the 5% acv directly on my scalp, shampoo, condition and then do a very very very dilute acv rinse

Congrats! I started using the KeraCare dry scalp conditioner every now and then. I won the battle also
laugh.gif
. I usually have flaking right after my relaxer...so far 2 weeks...and no problems.

I started treating my hair for dandruff like 2 weeks ago (4 shampoos total) with direct application of acv to my scalp. Normally, it would hurt like an astringent when it hits my scalp. I leave it on for a while, shampoo, condition and all else. After my wash and condition, I see wet flakes on my comb (very irritating) but I stuck to it.
Anyway, I sprayed it on today (should have done the wash on wednesday but ahem... got lazy) and didn't feel a thing. I even double checked to make sure I was spraying acv instead of water.
Here's the big part, after my shampoo, protein conditioning, deep-conditioning (no heat) and final dilute acv rinse, I combed and hardly saw any of those hideous flakes and my scalp is as clean as ever.
I'm dancing, I'm dancing because I'm winning the flake fight.
Forgot to mention that my fight was really against
grin.gif

I will have to try this. Is anyone else using this rinse for their scalp??

Back