Finally found a way to love my curls.. everyone hates it!

caliscurls

Channy31 your hair is gorgeous, I love it! Whether its your hair, your shoes, or how you live life please do what makes YOU feel good and happy. Living to please or for other people just leads to resentment and a lost sense of who you really are. Your beautiful woman, rock those curls!

newgrowth15

Channy31, how old are you? Did you receive negative feedback regarding your hair and/or looks when you were a child? The reason I ask is, in one of your later posts you state you are more scared of how your girl friends will react. The hair that grows out of your own head is yours and yours alone. You must embrace your own beauty and be confident in yourself before you can ever expect anyone else to embrace you. If you continue to live for the opinions of others, you will only exist and never truly live.

Look in your mirror everyday and know that you and your hair are beautiful. After all, you were created in my Father's image and He doesn't make any mistakes. :yep:

Channy31

Channy31, how old are you? Did you receive negative feedback regarding your hair and/or looks when you were a child? The reason I ask is, in one of your later posts you state you are more scared of how your girl friends will react. The hair that grows out of your own head is yours and yours alone. You must embrace your own beauty and be confident in yourself before you can ever expect anyone else to embrace you. If you continue to live for the opinions of others, you will only exist and never truly live.

Look in your mirror everyday and know that you and your hair are beautiful. After all, you were created in my Father's image and He doesn't make any mistakes. :yep:

20 and yes I did haha.
Thanks you're right! I struggle sometimes although I've come a long way, but I can always count on this forum to help.

Considering attempting to wear my hair curly until like May or something

ladybug71

You have gorgeous hair and beautiful curls! I'd certainly be rocking that. Curly up, curly down, with a flower, pretty scarf, etc. I'm sorry they made you feel self conscious about it, seriously what do men know? ;) if you like it and it makes you happy, wear your curls lovely!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Let's put it like this...Channy31 (you changed your screename?)

There are people in England and America that will kill to have your hair. They'd rather wear weaves that look like your real hair instead of rocking their own hair.

They feel exactly like you do. It's all about perspective.

Guinan

Re-Branding
^^^ I knew that avatar pic look familiar; it was mixed something?

To OP, ur curls r gorg! Don't worry what anyone else thinks. When I was ur age, I had the same insecurities. Does it look poofy, r people staring & saying how nappy & ulgy my hair was. But now that I'm older, I realize that was my own insecurities.

Also, I take other opinions about me in general with a grain of salt. I remember when I was natural & would wear my hair in wng, this white guy argured me down that I had dreadlocks. Some races/cultures r not really familiar or socially aware of other races hair. For example, I have done research on this but I am still confused about lice. Where does it come from? Why is it in the hair?

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
your hair looks fantastic, so ima need for you to completely disregard the opinions of your braindead roommates.

Channy31

This^^^

Don't make me have to come to that school and kick some $*{^}}{'!?

stop asking them questions. They are CLEARLY dumb. (No pun intended..... :) )

Last edited:

Channy31

Let's put it like this...Channy31 (you changed your screename?)

There are people in England and America that will kill to have your hair. They'd rather wear weaves that look like your real hair instead of rocking their own hair.

They feel exactly like you do. It's all about perspective.

Yes I was MixedGirl :)

Thanks! I'm really going to try and wear my curly out for a few weeks.

Channy31

^^^ I knew that avatar pic look familiar; it was mixed something?

To OP, ur curls r gorg! Don't worry what anyone else thinks. When I was ur age, I had the same insecurities. Does it look poofy, r people staring & saying how nappy & ulgy my hair was. But now that I'm older, I realize that was my own insecurities.

Also, I take other opinions about me in general with a grain of salt. I remember when I was natural & would wear my hair in wng, this white guy argured me down that I had dreadlocks. Some races/cultures r not really familiar or socially aware of other races hair. For example, I have done research on this but I am still confused about lice. Where does it come from? Why is it in the hair?

MixedGirl. Thats how I feel, haha thanks :)